Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 24, 2014, 06:50:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, LettingGo14, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: formflier, Kwaminalivednlearned, maxen, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: Aussie JJ, caredverymuch, contradancer, free-n-clear, HealingSpirit, lever, NorthernGirl, ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Login Register  
bing
Please Welcome Newbies to our Community
Every day we have new members joining and trying to find their way through an emotional fog. Just a single post on the days that you log in will make a huge difference in peoples lives. Look for the SO designation in your "unread posts since last visit" or go directly to the Newbie board.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does silence really drive them crazy?  (Read 2014 times)
Valentine09

« on: January 23, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »

Why should my attention affect her at all?  She's getting attention from a bunch of different guys, so why would me going NC hurt her so much.  Or is she just saying that she's hurt and really isn't?  She has plenty of people fawning over her, why does she need me anymore?  Is it the fact that I've taken back some form of control and sanity over my life that bugs her?
lifeisgoodx10

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »

I would like to see answers to this question too Val. It is as if my going NC drives him insane!
Valentine09

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »

Yeah, it's always fine if they ignore us but it's never okay if we do it.  We're finally being the ones to push them away, and I guess that's just a loss of power for them.  And it does touch me that my exgf says she's hurting. I kind of believe it, because she'll never escape this BPD loop, and that's got to hurt.  But at the same time, she's flirting with other guys and starting up new relationships as if everything is okay.  Totally FUBAR to me.
unknown

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »

im guessing because its a form of abandonment and they hate abandonment more then anything.

mine was texting me, cursing me off saying i mean absoultley NOTHING to her and she hates me and im a scumbag bla bla bla...then i blocked her number and went no contact, and she called my friend screaming and crying saying she just wanted to be my friend?   this is all when she had a new boyfriend too.    weirdest disorder ever

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Are you on the right board?
This board is for members with failed or failing relationships that want to detach from their relationship and relationship wounds. If you are still analyzing the decision to stay, please post on Undecided: Staying or Leaving
All members living with a pwBPD should learn to use the Stop the Bleeding tools - boundaries, timeouts and other basic tools - to better manage the day to day interactions with your partner. If you have questions on any of the tools, feel free to go over to Staying: Improving a Relationship with a Borderline Partner and ask for help. :-)
whyme87

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »

I had similar to the above in person "i hate you.i dont love you anymore"

i got upset and she said i cant be with you.

Then she held my hand i told her to get off "i dont want to say bye to you"

"i do love you and want to be with you"

all whilst she was texting her now b/f

CVA

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:50:14 PM »

Im totally looking forward to the reply's to this thread also!  I wink
Valentine09

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:55:56 PM »

Haha, she's intensifying the re-engages tonight!  Just got some crazy text from her saying how she was always there for me when I was feeling my lowest of lows...Yeah f&*(ing right?  And that she always wanted to cheer me up when I was sad.  This is completely backwards because she's describing what I did for her.  She was never there for me.  Silence really does make them crazy,  lol  How could she possibly think any of this is true?  After she left me how is that possible?
LeroyBrown

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:08:05 AM »

Why should my attention affect her at all?
A hallmark of BPD is denial. Sooo...IMHO, when us Non's give them attention after they have repeatedly kicked us in the teeth, it says to them, "What you did/who you are really isn't bad enough to make me never want to talk to you again." and reinforces their denial. Us giving them attention allows them to not deal with the fact that they ran yet another person off in their life. This is also probably why they never seek/avoid closure and continue re-engages years later.

How could she possibly think any of this is true?  After she left me how is that possible?
I think we all have a very difficult time with this. I don't know if they convince themselves of this to avoid acknowledging how sick/twisted/evil their behavior is (and thus further pain), or if they know better and just want to suck us back into the FOG which would allow them to repress acknowledgement of their inner filth.

I take solace that one day when her physical beauty has faded, she will be forced to sit with herself and that hideous beast within. And NO ONE will be able to slay that beast but her. Maybe then she will have her emancipation...

jalk

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 09:27:51 AM »

Yes LeroyBrown, some day, they do get old and wrinkled, they will lose that outer beauty and all that will be left is the inner ugliness. It's going to be a real bad time for them...real bad. Reality sucks for them. Another thing...they try and keep in touch with us so as to have us a the fall back in case the new victim doesn't work out...or maybe to have an affair with us, while with the new victim. If the new victim isn't around because they are working or whatever, it's always nice to have a "friend" to "play" with. Don't play the game...you will get hurt...promises will be made, they will dump you, over and over and over. Do not become their toy.

Live each day like it is your last day to live BUT be sure it is your life you're living.
iwillsurvive

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 09:31:54 AM »

I've read somewhere that our silence is the absolute worst thing you can "say" to them.  Ignoring a person who has BPD/NPD is the WORST thing you can do to them.  It drives them crazy because they want the attention...ANY...sort of attention from us.

I remember during one of our break-ups something he wrote in an email to me.  He broke up with me an in email...out of the blue kinda thing.  I never responded back to him...I just let it go, even though it killed me to go NC (we are neighbors).  So...I completely changed my routine...didn't drive down his street...just sort of fell off the face of the earth, as far as he was concerned.

His email to me was very telling:  "Why don't you drive down my street anymore?  Why are you ignoring me?", etc. etc.

So...yes, I think it does drive them crazy.  I mean...doesn't it drive US crazy that they are silent?  
Links and Information
Tools
Validation
Ending Cycle of Conflict
Triggering and Wisemind
Values and Boundaries
Becoming more empathetic?
On-Line CBT Program
>> More Tools

Video
What is BPD - Family
What is BPD - Romantic