Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 21, 2014, 03:05:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, LettingGo14, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: livednlearned, maxen, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: Aussie JJ, BacknthSaddle, caredverymuch, contradancer, formflier, free-n-clear, HealingSpirit, Kwamina, lever, NorthernGirl, OutofEgypt, ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
bing
Please Welcome Newbies to our Community
Every day we have new members joining and trying to find their way through an emotional fog. Just a single post on the days that you log in will make a huge difference in peoples lives. Look for the SO designation in your "unread posts since last visit" or go directly to the Newbie board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FACEBOOK... the BPD's feeding ground?  (Read 5520 times)
dilbert

« on: March 23, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »

thats where i 'met' mine. and after reading hundreds of posts on here, FB is a recurring theme. can we shut down facebook? i dont check her page, hell the last time i talked to her was because i deleted her. we have to do something about fb...any suggestion? the only reason i get on there now is to play mafia wars lol. hey, if any of you are into mafia wars, let me know. what we gonna do about the facebook hell?
goldenblunder

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:38 PM »

In my view, it is text messaging.  That is the truly evil method of the BP.  She can sit across from you at a table and say "I love you" to somebody else.
innerspirit

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:29:38 PM »

Well, I guess it's how you use or don't use the technology.  I joined up on FB just after the break-up with X; he and I aren't on each other's list, and I've kept a strict boundary with contacts that are mostly "his".  Also I've been careful to keep my personal life off my FB page.  But for a while I found myself somewhat addicted to the site.  I can see how seductive it could be as a covert means of checking up on anyone's X.

Haha --- pre-Industrial Age, do you think s came in the form of yodeling? 
Talking drums?
Voodoo dolls?
Smoke signals?  How would you know which one was for you (unless the BP were capable of writing "Surrender, Dorothy" in the sky?)

dilbert

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »

Well, I guess it's how you use or don't use the technology.  I joined up on FB just after the break-up with X; he and I aren't on each other's list, and I've kept a strict boundary with contacts that are mostly "his".  Also I've been careful to keep my personal life off my FB page.  But for a while I found myself somewhat addicted to the site.  I can see how seductive it could be as a covert means of checking up on anyone's X.

Haha --- pre-Industrial Age, do you think s came in the form of yodeling? 
Talking drums?
Voodoo dolls?
Smoke signals?  How would you know which one was for you (unless the BP were capable of writing "Surrender, Dorothy" in the sky?)
haha thats pretty good yodeling...lol. and im probably the only person on earth who doesnt have a cell phone so i can dodge that bullet easily...and this just in! not even 3 minutes ago i see there is a reply to my friends post...he made a comment about mushroom hungint and i told him to pick me up too...well guess who replied 3 times to it? i havent even looked! i just came back here to ftf real quick lol. can anyone else check for me? lol
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Are you on the right board?
This board is for members with failed or failing relationships that want to detach from their relationship and relationship wounds. If you are still analyzing the decision to stay, please post on Undecided: Staying or Leaving
All members living with a pwBPD should learn to use the Stop the Bleeding tools - boundaries, timeouts and other basic tools - to better manage the day to day interactions with your partner. If you have questions on any of the tools, feel free to go over to Staying: Improving a Relationship with a Borderline Partner and ask for help. :-)
SoMuchPain
Formerly KTinLove, NoMorePain

Home Board: SO-Leaving

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 10:41:02 PM »

In my view, it is text messaging.  That is the truly evil method of the BP.  She can sit across from you at a table and say "I love you" to somebody else.

im pretty sure mine did this before.  and im pretty sure she's texted me these things while sitting across from someone else.  i finally got the balls to go through her phone ... part of me wishes i hadn't, other part was glad i did.
zero0zero0zero0

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »

lol yodeling  LOVE it!
rumack

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »

I'm having a hell of a time with fb.  She blocked me long before we officially split because she wanted a break.  Turns out while I was blocked, she decided she would be single.  Anyways, in my insanity, I actually created a dummy profile.  I still can't see her page, but I could see when she changed her picture.  She put up some modeling photo, I assume to get attention.  Later on, I figured out a way to see what she updated on her profile through the friends list of one of her friends.  I keep looking to see that relationship status change.  I can't for the life of me stop, and I want to so badly.
temp101

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 10:53:56 PM »

I find facebook so yawn. Farmville and that stuff? Double-yawn. The interface is very dull. Same with Twitter! I think since it appeals to teens and people in their 20s, it's definitely a playground for the emotionally immature (the age 3-10 set playing at being adults). (Or for those who see it as entertaining in ways I just cannot fathom  ? .) I do have a FB page up for my business but check it rarely.

Blocking = you have cooties. Heart = I gave you a valentine, but maybe I gave the entire class a valentine, you figure it out. Friend = you're popular with me!

Might as well walk over to the local high school and roam the halls again like I did when I was a teen smiley.

dilbert, if you figure out how to shut it down, there's a huge population of oldies that won't miss it smiley.
zero0zero0zero0

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 10:55:55 PM »

I'm having a hell of a time with fb.  She blocked me long before we officially split because she wanted a break.  Turns out while I was blocked, she decided she would be single.  Anyways, in my insanity, I actually created a dummy profile.  I still can't see her page, but I could see when she changed her picture.  She put up some modeling photo, I assume to get attention.  Later on, I figured out a way to see what she updated on her profile through the friends list of one of her friends.  I keep looking to see that relationship status change.  I can't for the life of me stop, and I want to so badly.

I'm giving you a virtual slap on the hand.  Stop looking at her fb, it is bad for you.  I know what you're saying.  I feel your pain.  5 years later, on occasion I am curious.  Try that old trick where you put a rubber band on your wrist and SNAP it when your getting the urge.
Discarded

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:59 PM »

facebook is where i discovered my little gem. but i have no desire to
see her page, her posts, her relationship status, or anything else about
her. i miss the girl i signed up for, but not the toxic trixie i ended up with.
2015 Community Sponsors
Keeping BPDFamily on the air
We are all appreciative of the thoughtful men and women who provide the support, education, and brotherhood that keep BPDFamily on the air and make a difference in our lives. To all, thank you for this wonderful resource.

123Phoebe
Alex86
antifragile
Aussie JJ
Aussieman
beatup
BlackandBlue
blissful_camper
bobbyvp
bpdfamfan
captain4464
catclaw
chooselove
chump
claudiaduffy
ColdEthyl
Conundrum
corraline
coworkerfriend
Cumulus
dar
Dark star
doubleAries
Emelie Emelie
enlighten me
findingmyselfagain
forget-me-not
freedom33
FreeMeGal
fromheeltoheal
Gagrl
gettin-unstuck
goldylamont
HappyChappy
Harri
HealingSpirit
Heartandsole
heartandwhole
Hope26
imataloss
Inside
Intent_to_learn
jellibeans
joolz29
jthorpejr
KarenDH
kc sunshine
kiddfei
kidsteele
Kwamina
Leelou
lever
Lmls
Loveofhislife
MammaMia
maxen
Memorial Donation
Mike76
Mommy108
Mr Hollande
Narellan
NeedHelpPls
Nope
NorthernGirl
oblivian2013
P.F.Change
pallavirajsinghani
Panda39
patientandclear
Patty
preciousme
Progress Not Perfection
qcarolr
Rapt Reader
raytamtay3
Reforming
Rifka
rj47
rollercoaster24
Ross O
sanemom
schwing
seahorse
Should I stay or…
SistersKeeper
Skip
Soulslider
Surnia
swampped
sweetheart
Theo41
thereishope
TigerEye
ToLiveAgain
toomanytears
trappedinlove
Turkish
twojaybirds
Up In the Air
Vindi
vre
waverider
Whichwayisup
whirlpoollife
winston72
zenwexler
Pay it forward Here

If you made a donation and your name does not appear on this list here , please contact us so that we may confirm that the payment was properly credited to BPDFamily.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Top Spacer
index.php?topic=136462.msg1331265#msg1331265