Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:28:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Technical question - how do I maintain Facebook biz page?  (Read 349 times)
kly

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced. Briefly dated a pwBPD who turned into a stalker.

« on: June 13, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »

I was checking on my FB business page without logging on and saw BP's mug and a personal message to me that had nothing to do with business, for all the world to see.  He'd posted June 4.

I quickly logged on to erase it, but then I couldn't see it!  Doh!  I had banned him as a friend, so he was invisible to me, but clearly visible to everyone else.  (That's also why I hadn't noticed it there.  Now I'm wondering if there were other posts I never noticed.)

Then  Idea .  I opened a new FB account, made it a co-administrator of my business page, and poof!  Bye bye stalker.

Nearly two years NC, and still he stalks.
kly

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »

Ope, yep.  There was a post on June 2.
rosebud

Relationship status: x 4 months

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 06:08:42 PM »

I have mine blocked as well, but I do have a question... .  If you set up your facebook for "friends only" to comment, you shouldn't have a problem, right?  I assume since yours is a business page it's not set up that way, but I want to be darn sure he's not putting anything on my page set up for "friends only comments".
kly

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »

rosebud,

Hi.  If it's set for "friends only" he shouldn't be able to post on your page. 

The business page is part of my personal account, but it's open to the public.  So he can't access my personal page, but apparently he was having fun on the page my customer's see!  Doh!
blissful_camper

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:09 PM »

I had blocked my ex on FB and locked down my account to friends only.  In the last couple of months, my ex created additional accounts under false names providing hints on his fake profile that it was him.  He had no other friends on those fake accounts and sent friend requests to me.  I've grown weary of this, it makes me uncomfortable, and it's upsetting.  

As a result I had been entertaining the idea of deactivating my personal profile but was concerned about losing my biz page in the process.  The way around this is to create a new profile using your real name and a different email address.  Then set that profile in the biz page settings as manager.  Your new profile serves only to manage the biz page.  Lock down the new profile under settings, block your ex, and exclude the new profile from FB and Google searches.  

Then you can deactivate your previous personal profile, give yourself a high-five, and have some peace of mind.  

Hope this helps someone is a similar situation.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest