April 24, 2014, 09:23:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Today's Feature: WORKSHOP: Do you know the art of WiseMind?  Learn more
Moderators: DreamGirl, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: an0ught, heartandwhole, livednlearned, pessim-optimist, Surnia, Waverider, winston72
Ambassadors: crumblingdad, DreamFlyer99, growing_wings, Kwamina, learning_curve74, maxsterling, maxen, Mutt, peaceplease, scallops, Turkish
Guidelines: Terms of Service, Abbreviations
  Home Blog   Boards   Help Login Register  
What is this?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the term "disorganized thinking" mean?  (Read 5224 times)
dotterof1

Tomorrow is a new day.

« on: July 24, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »

I've read that children of a parent with bpd will have this "disorganized thinking". The title makes it sound like mild ADD. Is that what it is? Does anyone know examples?
amoart

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »

Hi, 
     I tried to look up disorganized thinking on the internet and all of the sites referenced Schizophrenia - apparently it is a symptom of.

I copied and pasted the site and the quote. 

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/disorganized-schizophrenia/DS00864/DSECTION=symptoms 

"Disorganized thinking causes illogical, nonsensical thought patterns. This disorganization is also noticeable in the way an affected person talks. A person with disorganized thinking may not be able to stay on track in a conversation, instead jumping from one unrelated idea to another, so that it's impossible to understand what the person is trying to say. Making up words is common. Written communications also are very disorganized."

I hope this information helps some.

Kind regards,
amoart
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: