Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
December 17, 2014, 11:44:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, Rapt Reader
Advisors: formflier, Kwamina, livednlearned, maxen, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: clljhns, fred6, free-n-clear, lever, Moselle, NorthernGirl, tristesse, Ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
bing
Think About It... It pays to learn to Fair Fighting Rules. The first rule is to focus on solving a problem/reaching a solution rather than venting your anger or winning a victory. The second rle is to deal with one issue at a time. No fair piling several complaints into one session. Learn all eleven rules here.
. ~Philip M. Stahl, Ph.D.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On-Line Dating  (Read 6039 times)
WalrusGumboot

Two years out and getting better all the time!

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

Sounds to me like she was looking for someone to pay her way.  Sorry.

Not sure why you're sorry. I guess my point is how I find my perception different now. She had a description of what she was seeking that seemed so... wholesome... and my reaction was "yeah, right".  rolleyes

I hope I don't stay this way, but then again I don't want to be naive either. Somewhere in the middle sounds good to me!

"If your're going through hell, keep going..." Winston Churchill
Brer Rabbit
formerly "OnTheFence"

I was stuck OnTheFence...now Ive found ways around it, over it and under it.

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »

Ahhh, profiles and descriptions lol

I love picking them apart...its gotten to be somewhat of a hobby  Devilish

I love descriptions like "Girl next door"...what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Or like mauser pointed out "...will try anything once..." really? That reminds me of the 2nd American Pie movie...with the trumpet lol

Or "easy going and laid back" unlike the rest of us who suffer from ulcers and road rage  rolleyes

The best...profile pics of 2 girls...are you advertising a 2fer? Which one am I actually msging?

Please, oh, please don`t throw me into that briar patch!
WalrusGumboot

Two years out and getting better all the time!

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »

WGB (and LTL...) maybe I just haven't been playing the game long enough... cuz I'm not seeing the red flags. Or at least, I'm not interpreting it as a meal ticket.  In fact, some of those I might write in my OWN profile...  Help?

If I was going to REALLY honest in a profile, what would I say? Well...

Newly divorced, cynical man seeking female exactly the opposite of my mentally ill ex-wife. Fun-loving, but if we have too much fun at first, I will probably label you as mentally ill as well. Successful, but almost had to fold my business because of tending to daily dramas instead of clients. Caring and generous, but that will probably change now that I have been used every way possible. Hard-working, but that doesn't mean that I want to add you to my work load. You? I don't care about looks as long as you are not ugly inside. Must be willing to undergo a background investigation and credit check. Must have more friends than enemies, and most of your friends must be of the same sex. If you are 10 years younger than me or more, tell me if you had a good relationship with your father. Must NOT carry a Neiman Marcus card in your wallet!

Pathetic, isn't it?  cool

"If your're going through hell, keep going..." Winston Churchill
1stand10

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »

WGB (and LTL...) maybe I just haven't been playing the game long enough... cuz I'm not seeing the red flags. Or at least, I'm not interpreting it as a meal ticket.  In fact, some of those I might write in my OWN profile...  Help?

If I was going to REALLY honest in a profile, what would I say? Well...

Newly divorced, cynical man seeking female exactly the opposite of my mentally ill ex-wife. Fun-loving, but if we have too much fun at first, I will probably label you as mentally ill as well. Successful, but almost had to fold my business because of tending to daily dramas instead of clients. Caring and generous, but that will probably change now that I have been used every way possible. Hard-working, but that doesn't mean that I want to add you to my work load. You? I don't care about looks as long as you are not ugly inside. Must be willing to undergo a background investigation and credit check. Must have more friends than enemies, and most of your friends must be of the same sex. If you are 10 years younger than me or more, tell me if you had a good relationship with your father. Must NOT carry a Neiman Marcus card in your wallet!

Pathetic, isn't it?  cool

WG,

I just cut and pasted your profile on mine.  cheesy

Although I'm not ready to date I put my profile on a free online dating site just to see what is out there.  Either my STBX has ruined me or my standards are just too high now.  Who knows, I might try to go out for coffee or something if a lady would just happen to find me interesting enough to inquire. 

But what I do realize is that nearly all the profiles have the same things in them.  I believe nearly everyone on those sites have been burned one way or another and might be a little jumpy when it comes to communication and then meeting.  If you make a mistake with one, there is always the next profile that pops up.  Don't fret too much. 

Just like football, this is a battle of inches, not yards.
justMehere

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »

What is with all the women posing in low cut tops or just plain slutty outfits?
(I found my ex UBPD bf on Tagged.com 2 days ago and the way these women show themselves
is appalling!
I did look at personals a a year + ago and found the ex on chemistry.com. I did not get lots of guys interested in me, though I am successful and attractive, and now I wonder if it was because my 2 photos (not 8!) showed me in a conservative shirt.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

The objective of this board is to learn and apply healthy emotional practices to the rebuilding of our love life. This board is about the discipline and strength of making those hard choices in life for good sustained emotional health. It is about not repeating the problems of the past; it is about understanding the wounds and baggage we carry forward, it is about healthy and practical ways to build new relationships. Click on "more information" for access to the lessons.
Rubies

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:30 PM »

What is with all the women posing in low cut tops or just plain slutty outfits?
(I found my ex UBPD bf on Tagged.com 2 days ago and the way these women show themselves
is appalling!
I did look at personals a a year + ago and found the ex on chemistry.com. I did not get lots of guys interested in me, though I am successful and attractive, and now I wonder if it was because my 2 photos (not 8!) showed me in a conservative shirt.
'Cause that's what most guys are looking for?

I joined a couple of online dating sites awhile back at the urging of my cousin when Hayseed said he was going to get back with his xgf. I met a few men and I'm done with it.   One kiss, they wanna get in the sack.  I don't put out, they aren't interested.    I seem to be getting a lot of hits now and I'm ignoring it all.

I'm sticking with my Homeboys I meet in person, the ones I can observe in the wild first and know by reputation before speaking to them.   I live in a conservative area and these respect me and my boundaries, even the stalkers.

Brer Rabbit
formerly "OnTheFence"

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »

imma with you on that rubies...what I get is "Youre not looking for sex...you must be gay." Im sticking with who I know in preson lol

learnedtolaugh

Sunny Skies

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 10:10:35 PM »

Hard-working, but that doesn't mean that I want to add you to my work load...I don't care about looks as long as you are not ugly inside.

That says it all WGB. Glorious post. You are a magnificent creature.
Brer Rabbit
formerly "OnTheFence"

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »

That was classic WG...I might hafta steal it too lol

ve01603

We're not in Kansas anymore.

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »

Ahhh, profiles and descriptions lol

I love picking them apart...its gotten to be somewhat of a hobby  Devilish

I love descriptions like "Girl next door"...what on earth is that supposed to mean?

Or like mauser pointed out "...will try anything once..." really? That reminds me of the 2nd American Pie movie...with the trumpet lol

Or "easy going and laid back" unlike the rest of us who suffer from ulcers and road rage  rolleyes

The best...profile pics of 2 girls...are you advertising a 2fer? Which one am I actually msging?

Yikes!  The world has certainly gone to hell.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Top Spacer
images/mb/panel_coping_1.jpg
index.php?topic=56209.0 index.php?topic=56275.0