April 20, 2014, 02:37:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Today's Feature: WORKSHOP: Do you know the art of WiseMind?  Learn more
Moderators: DreamGirl, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: an0ught, heartandwhole, livednlearned, pessim-optimist, Surnia, Waverider, winston72
Ambassadors: crumblingdad, DreamFlyer99, growing_wings, Kwamina, learning_curve74, maxsterling, maxen, Mutt, peaceplease, scallops, Turkish
Guidelines: Terms of Service, Abbreviations
  Home Blog   Boards   Help Login Register  
What is this?
Think About It... Defending our boundaries is more than a response in times of conflict - it's a lifestyle. Learn how to get in touch with your values, define and communicate boundaries of those values, and defend against boundary busters. ~ Skip
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pwBPD self-validation  (Read 173 times)
smoker

« on: February 17, 2012, 05:27:37 AM »

Hi,

Is it common or possible for a pwBPD to learn to self-validate and to self-soothe in all cases if it's necessary? Is that the point/end result of DBT, etc.?  Or will it always be up to me as long as I choose to be in this relationship?  I'm sorry if this is one of those questions that has been asked and answered many times before.  There's a lot of information to absorb here.
Auspicious
Distinguished Member
Emeritus

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:28:14 PM »

Self-soothing is one of the skills taught in DBT. In the Distress Tolerance module.

The wikipedia article on DBT is (currently, anyway) pretty good at listing what it contains:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectical_behavior_therapy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:07:55 PM by Auspicious » Logged

Have you read the Lessons?

smoker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

index.php?topic=56206.msg913187#msg913187