Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
December 18, 2014, 06:26:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, Rapt Reader
Advisors: formflier, Kwamina, livednlearned, maxen, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: clljhns, fred6, free-n-clear, lever, Moselle, NorthernGirl, tristesse, Ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
bing
Think About It... It pays to learn to Fair Fighting Rules. The first rule is to focus on solving a problem/reaching a solution rather than venting your anger or winning a victory. The second rle is to deal with one issue at a time. No fair piling several complaints into one session. Learn all eleven rules here.
. ~Philip M. Stahl, Ph.D.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any movie/TV show suggestions for kids to ID unaccaptable behavior?  (Read 786 times)
little doggy

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »

Hiya, really good topic. Absolutely agree with Finding Nemo and To Kill a Mockingbird. On the bad side consider "Tangled". Even my D7 could see inappropriate behaviours in the "mother" role and I could have a chat to her about better behaviours.
Rhymes w/Orange
Formerly bpdhope, truthwillsetyoufree

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »

We recently watched the Puss in Boots movie, and I personally got upset about the humpty dumpty character. First he was bad, then good, then bad, then good. Way too confusing for a little kid, I think. Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive due to current situations with BPD...

RWO
doryswimsagain

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »

Agreed on "Tangled."
Haven't Seen Puss in Boots, yet.

I did find another explicit example of abusive behavior that is unacceptable to put away for when Ds get older. It's called "No One Would Tell" with Candace Cameron (Full House) and Fred Savage (Wonder Years). True highschool story of a physically/mentally/emotionally abusive bf.  Ends in homocide. Wacthed it w/o the kids recently, and there were some very alarming similarities to my marriage  cry

My biggest fear for Ds is that they will seek out men later who mimic their dad's behavior.
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Are you on the right board?

The focus of this board is about understanding the child, their needs, and supporting them in an intelligent and non self-sacrificing way.

If your topic is mostly about the other parent and you are divorced, please go to Rebuilding our Life. If your topic is mostly about legal/custody issues, please go to Family law, Divorce, and Custody. If your topic is mostly about the other parent and you are still married, please go to Staying: Improving a Relationship with a Borderline Partner. If you need help moving a thread, please contact a moderator. We are glad to help. :)

Rose1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »

Interesting - from a longer out perspective I enjoyed Puss in Boots and the Humpty character didn't trigger me. progress! I thought he was extremely well drawn and obviously a PD of some sort - that sweet, not my fault smile just before he does something else bad. I liked Jack and Jill - totally different to how I always pictured them.  grin
2015 Community Sponsors
Keeping BPDFamily on the air
We are all appreciative of the thoughtful men and women who provide the support, education, and brotherhood that keep BPDFamily on the air and make a difference in our lives. To all, thank you for this wonderful resource.

123Phoebe
aeoma
Alex86
All4BVM
antifragile
Aurora7
Aussie JJ
Aussieman
beatup
Being Mindful
BlackandBlue
blissful_camper
bluetooth
bobbyvp
Bookworm77
Boss302
bpdfamfan
captain4464
Carebearx2m
careman
Caresaboutsomeonelikethis
Cat Familiar
catclaw
catnap
caughtnreleased
chooselove
Chosen
chump
claudiaduffy
cleotokos
clydegriffith
Cmjo
ColdEthyl
Conundrum
corraline
coworkerfriend
Cumulus
dar
Dark star
Dire Wolf
doubleAries
draptemp
Dutched
Emelie Emelie
emoinferno
enlighten me
findingmyselfagain
flowerpath
foggydew
ForeverDad
forget-me-not
freedom33
FreeMeGal
fromheeltoheal
Gagrl
gettin-unstuck
goldylamont
Grey Kitty
HappyChappy
HappyNihilist
Harri
HealingSpirit
Heartandsole
heartandwhole
Heshie
Hope26
hope2727
imataloss
In Pain
Inside
Intent_to_learn
jellibeans
joolz29
jthorpejr
JulesC
kaer
kappa
KarenDH
kc sunshine
Keep
KeepOnGoing
kiddfei
kidsteele
kj1234
KQuestionsItAll
Kwamina
landofoz
Leelou
lemon flower
lever
Linda Maria
lipstick
Lmls
Loveofhislife
Lucky One
maid
MammaMia
maric
maxen
mdg2101
Memorial Donation
Memorial Donation
Memorial Donation
Memorial Donation
Memorial Donation
Memorial Donation
mggt
michel71
Mike76
Mommy108
Mr Hollande
Narellan
NeedHelpPls
NewWays
Nope
NorthernGirl
oblivian2013
outside9x
P.F.Change
pallavirajsinghani
Panda39
patientandclear
Patty
picturelady
Pingo
PinkieV
Pou
preciousme
Progress Not Perfection
propunchingbag
qcarolr
qkslvrgirl
Rapt Reader
raytamtay3
Recooperating
Reforming
ReluctantSurvivor
Rifka
rj47
rollercoaster24
Ross O
sanemom
schwing
SCM
seahorse
Should I stay or...
sirius
SistersKeeper
Skip
Soulslider
stargazer3
StayOrLeave15
Surnia
swampped
sweetheart
swiftkick
Take2
Theo41
thereishope
Tiepje3
TigerEye
ToLiveAgain
toomanytears
trappedinlove
Turkish
twojaybirds
ugghh
Up In the Air
Vindi
vre
waverider
Whichwayisup
whirlpoollife
White_Lily
winston72
Witchway
zenwexler
Pay it forward Here

If you made a donation and your name does not appear on this list here , please contact us so that we may confirm that the payment was properly credited to BPDFamily.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: