Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 21, 2014, 05:03:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, LettingGo14, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: livednlearned, maxen, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: Aussie JJ, BacknthSaddle, caredverymuch, contradancer, formflier, free-n-clear, HealingSpirit, Kwamina, lever, NorthernGirl, OutofEgypt, ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Please Donate Login Register  
bing
Please Welcome Newbies to our Community
Every day we have new members joining and trying to find their way through an emotional fog. Just a single post on the days that you log in will make a huge difference in peoples lives. Look for the SO designation in your "unread posts since last visit" or go directly to the Newbie board.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any movie/TV show suggestions for kids to ID unaccaptable behavior?  (Read 717 times)
little doggy

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »

Hiya, really good topic. Absolutely agree with Finding Nemo and To Kill a Mockingbird. On the bad side consider "Tangled". Even my D7 could see inappropriate behaviours in the "mother" role and I could have a chat to her about better behaviours.
Rhymes w/Orange
Formerly bpdhope, truthwillsetyoufree

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »

We recently watched the Puss in Boots movie, and I personally got upset about the humpty dumpty character. First he was bad, then good, then bad, then good. Way too confusing for a little kid, I think. Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive due to current situations with BPD...

RWO
doryswimsagain

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »

Agreed on "Tangled."
Haven't Seen Puss in Boots, yet.

I did find another explicit example of abusive behavior that is unacceptable to put away for when Ds get older. It's called "No One Would Tell" with Candace Cameron (Full House) and Fred Savage (Wonder Years). True highschool story of a physically/mentally/emotionally abusive bf.  Ends in homocide. Wacthed it w/o the kids recently, and there were some very alarming similarities to my marriage  cry

My biggest fear for Ds is that they will seek out men later who mimic their dad's behavior.
Fall Fund Drive
Hi guys. Thanks for all that you do everyday to help others and to make BPDFamily a healing place.
On behalf of all of those that will benefit in 2015, we thank everyone for doing their part and "paying it forward".
Rose1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »

Interesting - from a longer out perspective I enjoyed Puss in Boots and the Humpty character didn't trigger me. progress! I thought he was extremely well drawn and obviously a PD of some sort - that sweet, not my fault smile just before he does something else bad. I liked Jack and Jill - totally different to how I always pictured them.  grin
2015 Community Sponsors
Keeping BPDFamily on the air
We are all appreciative of the thoughtful men and women who provide the support, education, and brotherhood that keep BPDFamily on the air and make a difference in our lives. To all, thank you for this wonderful resource.

123Phoebe
Alex86
antifragile
Aussie JJ
Aussieman
beatup
BlackandBlue
blissful_camper
bobbyvp
bpdfamfan
captain4464
catclaw
chooselove
chump
claudiaduffy
ColdEthyl
Conundrum
corraline
coworkerfriend
Cumulus
dar
Dark star
doubleAries
Emelie Emelie
enlighten me
findingmyselfagain
forget-me-not
freedom33
FreeMeGal
fromheeltoheal
Gagrl
gettin-unstuck
goldylamont
HappyChappy
Harri
HealingSpirit
Heartandsole
heartandwhole
Hope26
imataloss
Inside
Intent_to_learn
jellibeans
joolz29
jthorpejr
KarenDH
kc sunshine
kiddfei
kidsteele
Kwamina
Leelou
lever
Lmls
Loveofhislife
MammaMia
maxen
Memorial Donation
Mike76
Mommy108
Mr Hollande
Narellan
NeedHelpPls
Nope
NorthernGirl
oblivian2013
P.F.Change
pallavirajsinghani
Panda39
patientandclear
Patty
preciousme
Progress Not Perfection
qcarolr
Rapt Reader
raytamtay3
Reforming
Rifka
rj47
rollercoaster24
Ross O
sanemom
schwing
seahorse
Should I stay or…
SistersKeeper
Skip
Soulslider
Surnia
swampped
sweetheart
Theo41
thereishope
TigerEye
ToLiveAgain
toomanytears
trappedinlove
Turkish
twojaybirds
Up In the Air
Vindi
vre
waverider
Whichwayisup
whirlpoollife
winston72
zenwexler
Pay it forward Here

If you made a donation and your name does not appear on this list here , please contact us so that we may confirm that the payment was properly credited to BPDFamily.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: