July 24, 2014, 07:18:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, LettingGo14, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: an0ught, livednlearned, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: BacknthSaddle, corraline, cosmonaut, DreamFlyer99, formflier, free'n'clear, HealingSpirit, Kwamina, lever, Love is Not Enough, maxen, maxsterling, NorthernGirl, OutofEgypt, woodsposse, ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Login Register  
bing
Think About It.... Parents who focus their energies on their own physical and emotional survival send a very powerful message to their children: "Your feelings are not important. I'm the only one who counts." Many of these children, deprived of adequate time, attention, and care, begin to feel invisible--as if they didn't even exist.~ Susan Forward, PhD, author of Toxic Parent
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any movie/TV show suggestions for kids to ID unaccaptable behavior?  (Read 702 times)
little doggy

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »

Hiya, really good topic. Absolutely agree with Finding Nemo and To Kill a Mockingbird. On the bad side consider "Tangled". Even my D7 could see inappropriate behaviours in the "mother" role and I could have a chat to her about better behaviours.
Rhymes w/Orange
Formerly bpdhope, truthwillsetyoufree

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »

We recently watched the Puss in Boots movie, and I personally got upset about the humpty dumpty character. First he was bad, then good, then bad, then good. Way too confusing for a little kid, I think. Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive due to current situations with BPD...

RWO
doryswimsagain

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »

Agreed on "Tangled."
Haven't Seen Puss in Boots, yet.

I did find another explicit example of abusive behavior that is unacceptable to put away for when Ds get older. It's called "No One Would Tell" with Candace Cameron (Full House) and Fred Savage (Wonder Years). True highschool story of a physically/mentally/emotionally abusive bf.  Ends in homocide. Wacthed it w/o the kids recently, and there were some very alarming similarities to my marriage  cry

My biggest fear for Ds is that they will seek out men later who mimic their dad's behavior.
GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Are you on the right board?

The focus of this board is about understanding the child, their needs, and supporting them in an intelligent and non self-sacrificing way.

If your topic is mostly about the other parent and you are divorced, please go to Rebuilding our Life. If your topic is mostly about legal/custody issues, please go to Family law, Divorce, and Custody. If your topic is mostly about the other parent and you are still married, please go to Staying: Improving a Relationship with a Borderline Partner. If you need help moving a thread, please contact a moderator. We are glad to help. :)

Rose1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »

Interesting - from a longer out perspective I enjoyed Puss in Boots and the Humpty character didn't trigger me. progress! I thought he was extremely well drawn and obviously a PD of some sort - that sweet, not my fault smile just before he does something else bad. I liked Jack and Jill - totally different to how I always pictured them.  grin
Links and Information
Tools
Validation
Ending Cycle of Conflict
Triggering and Wisemind
Values and Boundaries
Becoming more empathetic?
On-Line CBT Program
>> More Tools

Video
What is BPD - Family
What is BPD - Romantic