Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 02, 2014, 09:04:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Moderators: DreamGirl, LettingGo14, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: an0ught, livednlearned, Mutt, pessim-optimist, Turkish, Waverider
Ambassadors: BacknthSaddle, corraline, DreamFlyer99, formflier, free'n'clear, HealingSpirit, Kwamina, lever, Love is Not Enough, maxen, maxsterling, NorthernGirl, OutofEgypt, woodsposse, ziggiddy
  Directory Guidelines Glossary   Boards   Help Login Register  
bing
Think About It... Defending our boundaries is more than a response in times of conflict - it's a lifestyle. Learn how to get in touch with your values, define and communicate boundaries of those values, and defend against boundary busters. ~ Skip
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter from uBPDm  (Read 542 times)
P.F.Change

Home Board: FM-Healing

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »

@PFChange: Thanks for the link! I read it through and wonder: can she have both PD's? There are many things with NPD that fit the bill, but BPD seems to have the edge.

Yes. BPD is often comorbid with other Cluster B disorders (NPD, AsPD, HPD). There are a lot of overlapping traits and behaviors as well.

My next question is: should I reply, or not?

To me it sounds like you already answered that question. Check out what you wrote below...I put it in bold.
Of course we have restricted all wedding photos, much to their disappointment. Heck, since they didn't come, they've lost the privilege to see any of them and I've decided that no contact is best, complete and final.

If you mean that, there's no reason to reply. However, if you think you want to explicitly say, "Stop contacting me," that's all you need to say. You don't need to respond to anything in her letter. I found the info in this link helpful: How to stop circular arguments

And for your reference, here is the one on BIFF: TOOLS: Responding to hostile email

PF

“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”--Lao Tzu
AfraidAndSad99

Home Board: FM-Coping

I promise to take care of your dogs, Little Sister

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

No, no, a thousand times no! Like someone above said, you answered your own question. I don't know where you live but here in the USA you can have the telephone company block a single number or a whole area code. All 3 of my e-mail systems, when I put the BPD in as junk mail, didn't even appear in my junk mail box (so I wasn't tempted to read anything). One person I know had to contact her e-mail system (hotmail) and report the sender as harassing to get that done.

No matter HOW perfect your communication with a BPD is, no matter how closely you may have followed instructions - they WILL NEVER GET THE MESSAGE!  Their brains don't work that way - sort of like AC and DC electric current. And they do seem to have a totally uncanny knack for twisting your words in the way that's most hurtful to you. Silence is  golden!

Afraid And Sad 99

Afraid and Sad
Rbrdkyst4

I have the right to live my life the way I choose

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »

Thank you everyone for your replies! It's cemented my position with regards to the future relationship with my parents, at least until my uBPDm dies. no contact all the way. Even considering cutting off contact with other members of my family due to their actions. This whole event has been empowering and talking with other members of my extended family has made the course of action clear.
Utkatasana

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »

Seems like I missed this thread the 1st time around...

But          ! That letter sounds like something my uBPDm would have written! "Look! I have this broom and this large rug! Let's just sweep all these issues under it and everything will be OK!".  

Congrats on your no contact and your wedding!   
P.F.Change

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

But          ! That letter sounds like something my uBPDm would have written! "Look! I have this broom and this large rug! Let's just sweep all these issues under it and everything will be OK!".   

"Issues? What issues? I don't see any issues. Maybe you need to get your eyes checked."  wink

“If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”--Lao Tzu
Utkatasana

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »

But          ! That letter sounds like something my uBPDm would have written! "Look! I have this broom and this large rug! Let's just sweep all these issues under it and everything will be OK!".  

"Issues? What issues? I don't see any issues. Maybe you need to get your eyes checked."  wink

EXACTLY!  

Except it was uBPDM writing to my wife that she was worried about me and that maybe I should go see a mental health professional professional about my issues and my anger! (and implying that there was nothing wrong with HER despite all the name calling, passive aggressiveness, ad hominem attacks instead of addressing our concerns, completely ignoring our requested boundaries, etc. on her part!)    
Rbrdkyst4

I have the right to live my life the way I choose

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »

:D "How can there be any problems? WE ARE A HAPPY FAMILY!" or some sort of BS like that. Of course my perception of things is completely wrong, I don't have feelings of this sort, my wife doesn't exist, everything's groovy.

Somehow I find this all to be laughable, shake my head, and carry on with MY life. :D
kittykat63

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »

posts like yours have me stumped- ill be honest- as my mum would never apologise- admit- or be accomodating in any form.
however- due to your reaction i guess that your foo has been pretty bad and your foo is just an intelligent- high functioning foo foo moo moo? so that has me stumped.
it looks to me that you have room here to insist on boundaries and she will keep to them- but you think not so i will go on this.

your conclusion is the same as mine has been- you cant really insist on boundaries- you are either enabling or going nc- there seems to be no in between.

Links and Information
Tools
Validation
Ending Cycle of Conflict
Triggering and Wisemind
Values and Boundaries
Becoming more empathetic?
On-Line CBT Program
>> More Tools

Video
What is BPD - Family
What is BPD - Romantic