Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:59:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hurting for her pain  (Read 340 times)
mango_flower

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: March 22, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

I've been through the anger and bitterness stage (not very deeply, nor for very long) and I've been through the missing her stage.

I know we'll never get back together.

I know she has treated me like crap.

But you know what... .  

I hurt SO much for her... .  

I hurt that she has demons inside her head. 

I hurt that she will never be 100% happy, when I will move on to be happy one day.

I hurt that she feels so worthless

I hurt that she worries about being abandoned

I hurt that she feels every emotion so much more deeply

I hurt that she tries so hard to fit in and be normal

I feel helpless.  I know I can't help her.  That hurts.  I wish I had a magic wand to take all her pain away.

I know I should be detaching... .  but every night I say a prayer asking to have her watched over and be safe and happy.  If that means with her new girlfriend, then I'll take that on the chin.

I never want her back.  But I will never stop missing all the good things about her, and I will NEVER stop loving her in my own way.  I have no desire to be in a relationship with her again, nor her me. But I will always love her from afar.

She's not a monster. 

She is a mixed up little girl, with a good heart, who is fearful of the world.  She knows she's not normal but my God, she tries every day to fit in with the rest of the world.

I just want her to have some peace from BPD... .  

Because she has so much to offer the world, if only she didn't have it.

I'm not asking for people to tell me HOW to detach, I'm getting there.

I just wanted to get my pain on to paper I guess... .  

She doesn't try to hurt people, her crazy actions just do.  No malice or spite.

I wish love was enough to fix her (and I know it's not) and everything would be good.

Oh for an ideal world... .  

clairedair

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »

Hi mango_flower

here we are posting on each others topics again!  Good to have you around when I'm here!

I hurt that she has demons inside her head. 

I hurt that she will never be 100% happy, when I will move on to be happy one day.

I hurt that she feels so worthless

I hurt that she worries about being abandoned

I hurt that she feels every emotion so much more deeply

I hurt that she tries so hard to fit in and be normal

That's a lot of hurt that you are taking on yourself.  What you've written demonstrates again what a truly compassionate person you are.  I  wouldn't want you to lose that.

However, be careful that your compassion for her doesn't get in the way of your compassion for yourself. 

You know a bit of my story so you'll know that I have been left and then recycled many times since our first separation.  I was a complete wreck the first couple of times he left.  Then I found out about BPD and this forum.  In some ways it has been a saving grace but in another way, I found that the more I read and learned, the more I felt sympathy for exH and so I allowed another recycle then another , tolerated behaviour that was unacceptable and so on because I couldn't stand to see him in such emotional turmoil and I too held on to an ingrained belief that love was the answer.

The difference for me this time is that I have been unable to feel that same compassion for him.  I don't like feeling like this.  It feels wrong!  But it's more healthy.  I have been a lot more detached (not there yet as you will know from tonight's post) but I can honestly say that I have not missed him this time or even felt the usual attraction when I see him.

I don't hate him.  I do still feel for him and hope that he's alright.  I do feel anger at 'the universe' for the very existence of BPD.  But I don't hurt for him now.  I can't afford to lose any more of my life or continue to be less emotionally available to my children, friends and wider family than is healthy.

Only they can find a way to be whole.  As you have learned to your cost, loving deeply and doing everything you can to help makes no difference.

There's no point in two people's lives being so terribly disrupted.  By all means say a prayer - I think that's a kind and generous thing to do for her - just try to keep taking those baby steps that at least allow you a healthier and happier life.
Cimbaruns

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 07:05:42 PM »

Mango.   -   clairedair

I say a prayer for both of you.

As hard it is to accept... .  detach... .  and reach that place of acceptance... .  it's something we must all do in order to move on...

I feel all the compassion in the world for my exBPD wife... .  and I wish I could have her and her love... .  forever ... .  but it cannot be... .  

I've struggled within my r/s for the better part of 4 years... .  2 of which we were married... .  

As you said Clairedair... .  we cannot lose compassion for ourselves and the chance to be a whole loving person.

Take good care Mango-flower... .  it's sounds like you are a most caring wonderful individual... .  with only the best to give to someone of the like!

Peace
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest