April 25, 2014, 03:02:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Today's Feature: WORKSHOP: Do you know the art of WiseMind?  Learn more
Moderators: DreamGirl, P.F.Change, Rapt Reader
Advisors: an0ught, heartandwhole, livednlearned, pessim-optimist, Surnia, Waverider, winston72
Ambassadors: crumblingdad, DreamFlyer99, growing_wings, Kwamina, learning_curve74, maxsterling, maxen, Mutt, peaceplease, scallops, Turkish
Guidelines: Terms of Service, Abbreviations
  Home Blog   Boards   Help Login Register  
What is this?
Think About It... Defending our boundaries is more than a response in times of conflict - it's a lifestyle. Learn how to get in touch with your values, define and communicate boundaries of those values, and defend against boundary busters. ~ Skip
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I could help others on here ...  (Read 146 times)
louise716

« on: April 19, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »

By nature I'm a "giver" but on this forum I feel like a "taker."

Just want to say a heartfelt "THANK YOU!" to those who have responded to my posts on this forum.  Your responses are so helpful and appreciated.

I wish I could return the favor/pay it forward by also answering others, but I feel like I just don't have enough experience with this mental health issue to offer the insightful responses like the other seasoned posters write.
Kwamina
AMBASSADOR

Home Board: FM-Healing

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »

Hi louise,

I understand why you feel this way, but there's really no need for it. Just by sharing your stories you're already helping others. Your posts can help others break free from their isolation because now they know they aren't the only ones going through this. You may not realize it yet but you've given a lot more than you're giving yourself credit for.  Doing the right thing A lot of us would actually like to have less experience wink I was raised by a uBPD mom and all those experiences still haunt me.  barfy Sometimes less truly is more wink
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:39:43 AM by Kwamina » Logged

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
GeekyGirl
BOARD ADVISOR

Home Board: FM-Healing

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »

You are paying it forward. smiley

Kwamina said it well:
Just by sharing your stories you're already helping others. Your posts can help others break free from their isolation because now they know they aren't the only ones going through this.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Top Spacer
images/mb/panel_coping_1.jpg