Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 06:59:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For two yearrs my wife has carried on an affair  (Read 386 times)
jarhead_99

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 11, 2014, 03:33:35 AM »

For almost two years my wife has carried on an affair without hiding it. i know all about it.

She says it is because I was too distant, never put enough into the family as far as planning things for us to do, taking control. 

And because I involving my parents who are very upset with her about her choice. They have yelled and argued with her and said hurtful things. I did not stand up and stop the arguments other than try to civilize them so it was not yelling and screaming.

Also that I dont show enough of affection (hugs, telling her she is beautiful, doing things out of blue for her). 

I have done some things that were wrong and very bad and I've apologized for my wrongs.

She will have him over and sleep with him in our home in our bed and not hide it.

I know my emotional state and how angry I am and that a lash out is not far from happening and I don't want to stoop to that level.

We were fighting once angry fighting and I couldn't do it anymore I said I was leaving and walked out to a friends. Long story short she begged me to come home that she needed me she was to sad hurt and she has history of cutting and depression so she wanted me home to talk to her calm her down comfort her And help with our daughter. Told her I wouldn't go home I needed time and didn't want to fight and make things worse.

I went home once I thought she would be asleep to check and make sure she didn't cut or hurt herself. She had hinted at it and still begged and told me to be hone so I was there for my daughter in morning. I later got a text from her affair partner saying he was worried and she did something stupid took pills. Ran home angry I angrily asked her of she took them no resp once (empty bottle on table) so told her we go in Now or I call 911. So I called and she was taken in.

I chose to stay at home and wait until my daughter woke up that morning to go see my wife. Idk why I out all this in here but I abanded her and didn't care because I didn't go with her to er or even follow her up right away. I don't get it.

Now she is pregnant for the 3rd time with this guy and she blames it now on me this time because the second time I was supportive with what ever she chosen to do and she chose abortion again to try and save us so I promised to stop chewing so we could later have one of our own once we fixed us.

I decided no divorce but i will go to someone else to make me seeing might loose her in hopes it would shock me and make me try and win her back. Now ok yeah logic i get make the feel they will loose so they try harder but really an affair? thoughts?

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »

I can't imagine your pain. Wow. This is a really convoluted Jarhead.

Does she care about you or are you just the bill payer?  You have to ask this question (hard, I know).

The affair has to stop - and not with conditions - it just has to stop.  But as long as it has been going on, openly, there is going to be a lot of connection to break.

Have you thought about picking up and moving the family out of town, getting a fresh start somewhere - and with her getting a job?  

Would she make this type of commitment?

You are going to need something significant to get this to a place where you two can begin to work on it.

Mike_confused

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »

This is bad.  No matter what, you cannot allow her to continually disrespect you with this open affair.  This seems like a time where an ultimatum is in order.
woodsposse

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »

For almost two years my wife has carried on an affair without hiding it. i know all about it.

She says it is because I was too distant, never put enough into the family as far as planning things for us to do, taking control. 

And because I involving my parents who are very upset with her about her choice. They have yelled and argued with her and said hurtful things. I did not stand up and stop the arguments other than try to civilize them so it was not yelling and screaming.

Also that I dont show enough of affection (hugs, telling her she is beautiful, doing things out of blue for her). 

I have done some things that were wrong and very bad and I've apologized for my wrongs.

She will have him over and sleep with him in our home in our bed and not hide it.

I know my emotional state and how angry I am and that a lash out is not far from happening and I don't want to stoop to that level.

We were fighting once angry fighting and I couldn't do it anymore I said I was leaving and walked out to a friends. Long story short she begged me to come home that she needed me she was to sad hurt and she has history of cutting and depression so she wanted me home to talk to her calm her down comfort her And help with our daughter. Told her I wouldn't go home I needed time and didn't want to fight and make things worse.

I went home once I thought she would be asleep to check and make sure she didn't cut or hurt herself. She had hinted at it and still begged and told me to be hone so I was there for my daughter in morning. I later got a text from her affair partner saying he was worried and she did something stupid took pills. Ran home angry I angrily asked her of she took them no resp once (empty bottle on table) so told her we go in Now or I call 911. So I called and she was taken in.

I chose to stay at home and wait until my daughter woke up that morning to go see my wife. Idk why I out all this in here but I abanded her and didn't care because I didn't go with her to er or even follow her up right away. I don't get it.

Now she is pregnant for the 3rd time with this guy and she blames it now on me this time because the second time I was supportive with what ever she chosen to do and she chose abortion again to try and save us so I promised to stop chewing so we could later have one of our own once we fixed us.

I decided no divorce but i will go to someone else to make me seeing might loose her in hopes it would shock me and make me try and win her back. Now ok yeah logic i get make the feel they will loose so they try harder but really an affair? thoughts?

With the exception of having the affairs to my knowledge - everything you have said is exactly, almost word for word, the same thing I lived through with my ex.  Even down to her wanting me to calm her down and soothe her  anxieties.

I haven't had a chance to read all the other replies - and I am not going to offer a suggestion on what you should do except this - focus on yourself.  You need to have time to heal and understand why you would put yourself (or keep yourself) in this type of r/s.

it sounds like you are hurting, like most of here are or have... . and that is a horrible place to be.

for me... . the best thing I could have done was the last time my ex said she "wanted out" - I calmly said "okay".  And that was pretty much that.

Yes there were detachment issues I've been dealing with - and subsequently ending up here at this site helped me understand exactly what I was up against... . but all in all the peace I have now in my life I wouldn't want to trade it for another year in that roller coaster of an existence.

but that is me.

The experience has taught me a lot about myself, my history, what I thought I knew and what I actually know.  And I do appreciate the lessons.  Now it is time, for me, to move on and be healed.
woodsposse

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »

So she wants you to fix the relationship and then you two can have a baby of your own.

Do you think you can fix mental illness?  If you read this board long enough, you can see that babies don't cure mental illness either.  They cause both parties to have pretty messy custody battles involving charges, lies, etc.  

Others are addressing the "disrespect" of her affair.  I am really worried about other things.  Like that she plays you and this other guy off each other, doesn't seem to value pregnancy, and may not be the best person to raise another child - and I don't know if you want to end up stuck fighting battles for the rest of your life to make sure the child is ok and that you get to see him/her.

She would have to get really good treatment in order to fix things.  You can't tiptoe around and fix things.  Lord knows, many of us have tried!

By the way, obviously she isn't using birth control consistently.  It may not b that hard for you to 'try for one of your own' even unwittingly.  So, be careful.

btdt
Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »

jarhead,

Can you share what it is that you did that makes you feel that you are larely at fault for all of what is going on.

This might be the place t start.

waverider
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 05:34:46 AM »

The underlying issue her is not just the affair, that is probably just a symptom. You have taught her that you have few values and virtually no boundaries and can be tugged and pulled around to suit her needs.

You have to get down to basics as to who you are, what do you stand for. You were not put on this planet to serve anyone elses needs.

Your self esteem has had a battering, you need to establish yourself as an identity before you can start to get anywhere.

Your wife has no structure and you are not providing it yourself, neither for her, nor yourself. A pwBPD rarely respects anyone they can walk all over.

What can you do to overcome your own self doubting which is allowing you to carry this burden?

How can you make your life about you, not your wife?

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest