Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:07:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In desperate need of support :(  (Read 356 times)
joshbjoshb

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 19, 2014, 01:55:59 PM »

Very uncommon to me, I drank too much. Came home, wife was yelling at me, I started yelling back that she needs to give me respect and if not I am going to leave. She grabbed the house keys from my hand (I was actually on my way out!) and I stayed.

Following day I said to her that yes, I am at a situation that I am very much in distress over her behavior, and really can't deal with her constant negativity and criticism.

She of course found a proof that this is what I really wanted to do all along.

Just to give you a clue of what type of conversation I have with her... .

"You want to leave? Leave!" she said.

I sigh. I said already 50 times today that I don't want to leave, but feel for my mental well being I need to leave.

":)o you want me to leave?" I ask.

"Actually no. You destroyed me so much that I have no family and no friends, so if you will leave I might have a nervous breakdown or commit suicide. Then you will be happy because you have the children."

All of her alarms are on full gear. Of course I am to blame that she can't sleep or eat, and if only I will stop being a control freak everything will be fine.

I am so sick.

So tired.

And need some hugs, and love

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »

Hi joshbjoshb,

perfection is not achievable and this would have happened sooner or later. Still tough 

Excerpt
I sigh. I said already 50 times today that I don't want to leave, but feel for my mental well being I need to leave.

I guess it is time to make clear to her that you hate her... .

Not really, but you can't pretend to be happy with her all the time and feel different. By your own admission you are lying to her and I doubt the tone of your voice is not giving you away and triggering her. Sometimes one is upset and angry and it is ok too.

Maybe time to switch to a more dialectic message -

Excerpt
"Actually no. You destroyed me so much that I have no family and no friends, so if you will leave I might have a nervous breakdown or commit suicide. Then you will be happy because you have the children."

I hate you too and then I love you too. My head is spinning and I need a break. See you later.

Grey messages are difficult to get right to get through to her so black and white messages can sometimes stand in.

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
DazedButNotConfused

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Married, 30 + years

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »

Josh,

I think I understand where you are now... . and I am there with you. I just wanted to send you a big hug and a prayer ... .

I have no sage words of advice but I do know that you are not alone in what you are feeling and experiencing. It really is a difficult road we travel.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest