Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 04:26:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Treatment or Cordial, to regain her interest?  (Read 362 times)
kfifd196

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 25, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »

Hi,

So, I want to start by saying thank you for reading this and my other posts.  I appreciate everyone's advice, but to be 100% honest, I want my relationship to work out, regardless of the abuse.  I have a 10 month old and I my wife is my soulmate and I want to be there for her for better or worse.  I understand everyone says, don't walk away, RUN!  But that is not my desire... .

That said, my wife filed for divorce a month ago and doesn't want to discuss reconciling for whatever reason.  She had a TRO against me for that and dropped it, as long as I don't bring up reconciling.  So, what can I do to lure her back to wanting to talk?  Silent treatment?  I will have to pick up\drop off our daughter at times, as we await the process.  Should I barely acknowledge her and not discuss even the baby or be friendly and cordial and still, not discuss anything, just smile hello and good bye?  I want her to want me again, but don't know how to go about it with a BPD... . We were soulmates until she turned me black... . I'm quite certain she expects me to be pissed off about the restraining order.  (At least I saw it coming and knew it was part of the BPD "Script", thanks to posts I've read and Walking on Eggshells)  Thanks!
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Surnia
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 11:54:13 PM »

Hi kfifd

I am sorry to hear about your situation, facing a possible divorce and a dropped TRO, this is all really tough.

The hard thing is, you cannot force her to talk with you. I would not go into silent treatment. It would make things worse and that not what you want for long term. You want reconcile and you have a daughter together, so in one way or other you have to find a way to communicate.

I would stay friendly and wait for a moment you can say, Hey, ... . , is it possible to have a talk?

Stay strong, kfifd.

Being positive and make a rs work is the goal here on the staying board. No run messages. 

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
itgirl

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 4 years living together

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:41:36 AM »

Will Silent Treatment bring your wife back?  Perhaps, perhaps not. There has to be some desire to reconcile inside your wife.  Silent Treatment will not create that desire, but it may bring any underlying doubts they have to the surface.

That said I do not think that Silent Treatment should be the approach when dealing with a pwBPD.  And since you have a child together no contact isnt really an option anyway. 

I would not push her in any direction or force her to make a decision right now.  Be there for her and be the man she fell in love with.

an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »

I would not push her in any direction or force her to make a decision right now.  Be there for her and be the man she fell in love with.

Good point. You don't need to discuss reconciliation at this point in time. Not sure it matters much whether you discuss it or not. Your behavior matters however a lot and your emotions transfer easily to her. Getting back from the panic state to the state you were when you felt better is important as itgirl pointed out.

Are there things you can do - not all the time but for a little time - that totally take your mind of her drama?

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest