Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 07:03:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help, I am being deleted from my family one thing at a time :(  (Read 343 times)
Narrow Gate

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 27, 2014, 12:15:53 PM »

I am not invited to dinner (she tells me she only cooked for the kids), and if I cook she is not hungery, not invited to go out of town with the family, been kicked out of the bedroom, not expected to do anything around the house, but I am railled on for not doing anything around the house. Every chance she has to remove me from something she acts.  No longer in family pictures that she posts on the web.  Every day it feels like I am slowly fading from the world.   :'(   
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Boisnix79

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Single...finally

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:25:15 PM »

Yikes, you may need to find elsewhere to be for a while... .
HopefulDad

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorcing

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »

This comes and goes for me with my BPDw, so I can relate.  Since you cannot make her do anything, you have to respect her choices... .

Dinner for the kids only: "Okay, I'll take care of dinner for myself."

She's doesn't want to eat your cooking: "Okay, help yourself to the leftovers."

Not invited to go out of town with the family: "Kids, have fun with mom."  But feel free to plan something on your own, inviting her at your choosing.

Not expected to do stuff around the house: ":)o you want me to help with this?  No?  Okay.  I'm here if you need me."

... . and getting attacked when you follow through: "I understand your frustration, but I did offer to help and you said no."

The only one I think you need to set a boundary on is getting kicked out of the bedroom.  Nobody kicks you out of anywhere unless you let them.  If you want to sleep in the bed, tell her so.  If the decision to sleep separately is driven by her, then she needs to take the action, not make you take the action.

Of course try to SET during all of this, but be gently firm.
an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 03:17:30 PM »

Hi Narrow Gate,

I am not invited to dinner (she tells me she only cooked for the kids), and if I cook she is not hungery, not invited to go out of town with the family, been kicked out of the bedroom, not expected to do anything around the house, but I am railled on for not doing anything around the house. Every chance she has to remove me from something she acts.  No longer in family pictures that she posts on the web.  Every day it feels like I am slowly fading from the world.   :'(  

Game playing  . Not real fun. She is trying to upset you. I don't think you are fading from the world. The way she acts she feels strongly connected to you.

Now if you could just reverse the polarity of that emotion.

You can only validate her being upset etc... Your own emotions are a good starting point as she will feel similar no matter how superior she acts.

As you feel so bad and mistreated think about your boundaries. You can't control her and she certainly has the right not to speak. But abuse and disrespect is something else. What are the really important boundaries for you and how to you go about protecting them?

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest