Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 09:16:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Day in Paradise  (Read 359 times)
DazedButNotConfused

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Married, 30 + years

« on: April 01, 2014, 03:02:20 AM »

I am sitting here shaking my head. Last night will be three times in the last 5 weeks the police have been at my house and three time my dBPDh was taken away by ambulance to the crisis center at the local hospital.

He was raging - had been brewing all day  -  and when I tried to leave the house (I think I have a reserved seat at the diner), he stood in the middle of the driveway and threw a propane tank at the car, several flower pots  -  with all this ending when I called the police after he picked up an ax (thank God for cell phones!).

THREE times he has been at Crisis. THREE times I told them of the violence. THREE times they let him go after only 12 or 14 hours  -   most of which time he is under sedation.

I am scared as to what will happen in a few hours. I have called the police but there is nothing they can do. I put a call into the Crisis workers and they have not called me back.

Oh, and did I mention that he let my dogs out the front door and I have no idea where they are?

I probably won't be on the staying board too much longer ... . (and can ANYONE tell me what is with the mental health community in the US?)

Dazed (and really shaken up) But Not Confused

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

MissTajo

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 years

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »

I literally cried reading your post.

Please, for your sake, change boards... . :'( He is being physically violent to you. What more can you do for him? Please think of yourself and your well being, and your life!

Please keep us posted! 
jynx

Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 04:50:55 AM »

I agree this is physical violence.  He could have killed you.  Did you ask the police about a Restraining Order against him?  For support, forget about him and call the DV hotline.  1-800-799-SAFE (7233).  I'm so sorry you are dealing with this.
mywifecrazy

Relationship status: Divorced

Picking myself off the canvas for the last time!

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 05:57:14 AM »

So sorry that you are going through this. Please get out and get in a secure SAFE place. He needs help that you can't provide. Get a restraining order. I hope there are no kids involved. Praying for your safety.

Hang in there!

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. (Psalm 34:18, 19)
DazedButNotConfused

Relationship status: Married, 30 + years

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 07:51:47 AM »

Thank you all once again.

I was up most of the night looking for the dogs ... . and no, he can't come back here.

The Crisis workers still have not called me. I don't know what is going on at the hospital and, other then wanting to know if they turn him loose again, I really don't want to know anymore.

I am so very disappointed in our mental health care system, I can not even begin to express it. Seems someone has to get really hurt before they take any action.

I will be switching boards. This terrible, horrible mentaldisorder has finally, after 30 some years, got me beat.

It is all so hard to imagine ... . guess I am still in shock ... . anything good was an act. That is so hard to swallow.
MissTajo

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: 8 years

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:55:35 AM »

Unfortunately, it's like that everywhere. Here it's the same. Unless someone gets killed, they show now interest in the case. That's why we all need to stay safe... .

I really hope that this time they realize you SO needs help and needs to stay in there for some time. It would give you time to move on and deal with all that is happening. It is not your fault he is BPD. Its not his fault either.

The important thing is for you to be safe.

We are here for you... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest