Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:16:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumped via text message  (Read 388 times)
redkong

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »

It's been awhile since I was on this site.  Recovered from my exBPD and stsrted dating a new person.  Four months in, some red flags, and finally she dumped me via text msg at 2:30 in the morning yesterday.  Today she's back on a dating website.

We spent last weekend together,  she said she loved me.  On Tue, she decided to end things in a hurtful, juvenile and impersonal way.

Should I reply to her texts or just move on?  I'm pissed off and hurting but doubt she'll give a crap about anything I say.

Sad, again... .
AwakenedOne

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:26:43 PM »

redkong,

Sorry your going through this. I am glad you recovered from the exBPD though. I'm still recovering but doing ok/good. I was dumped by a girl one time by text also. I know how that feels. Really lame way to do it I thought. That fact alone made me forget her fast. Hope you find someone that is right for you. Good Luck.

AO

fromheeltoheal

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »

Sorry man.  So what did your borderline ex and this new gal have in common?  Do you see similarities, in them as well as the way you showed up in the relationship with them both?
LongGoneEx

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:24 PM »

We spent last weekend together,  she said she loved me.  On Tue, she decided to end things in a hurtful, juvenile and impersonal way.

Should I reply to her texts or just move on?

Since you asked: no, don't reply. Ignore and move on. Whether it's another pwBPD or not, such behavior is an extreme  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post).  Empathic and reliable persons don't treat others this way.
redkong

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:47:58 PM »

Thanks for the support.  I actually think this new person might also have BPD but was more of a high functioning type.  Everything was about her, always.   She wanted us to basically be one person with one life.  She never raged at me but I saw her rage at others,  including friends and family.  The push-pull pattern was obvious after the first month or two.  I should have run for my life at that point, but I didn't.   Stupid, stupid,  stupid.

Still trying to figure out what's wrong with me that I keep falling for these people.  Breaking up with someone via text message in the wee hours of the morning is very cowardly and juvenile, isn't it?
Popcorn71

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 01:38:23 AM »

It amazes me how many people have been treated the same as I was.  My exBPDh dumped me by text only a couple of days after spending a nice weekend together. He had told me he loved me the night before. We had been together for 9 years and he didn't have the decency to talk to me about his decision.

Clearly they are missing something in their mind to do things like this.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest