Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:22:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have to break NC  (Read 336 times)
grover11

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »

My son was just accepted into the Faculty of Education which is great news but it means I now have to talk to my wife. I need settle our financial situation. I was hoping to put it off as long as I could but she has the savings account with the money to pay for his next year of university.

I guess it's better to just get it over with, I forsee alot of anger from her but where the kids are concerned its unavoidable.
ennie

Relationship status: Married (together 6 years)

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:21:44 PM »

How long have you been without contact? 

It sounds like you need to do this, and area ready.  What tools do you plan to use, and what medium of communication (written, verbal)?  Are you planning to have a third party present if you are dealing with financial negotiation? 

Hope the contact goes well.  Remember, you can always end it in a polite way if it is not working.  "Oh, someone just came to the door, I will have to call you back!" works for me sometimes!

Take care.   

david

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »

If you think things will go bad I would recommend communicating through email, certified letter, etc. to leave a paper trail (documentation). I only communicate with xBPDw through email. It has helped a lot with keeping things in check for our two boys.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest