Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:08:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused  (Read 469 times)
peiper

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 26, 2014, 03:55:17 PM »

If she is so scared of my leaving her why does she leave and constantly threaten to leave. I just cant make any sense out of this. Its driving me nuts
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

wilsonian

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »

peiper... . man I have been through so much of that in this relationship... only couple things I can figure and its only my observation is... .

1. Its a way of controlling making you tell them not to leave and how much they mean to you etc etc... . kind of a way to give them that one up on you

2. I really think a few times she has just gotten embarrassed by her behavior... Like a light bulb went off in the middle of her raging or throwing verbal crap at me and she wants to run... has even went into I'm not good enough for you speech and I'm crazy why do I do this etc... now keep in mind that may just be a pity party to get me to feel sorry for her and jump into help mode... again control

30... I really think it boils down to a control thing... . again I maybe wrong just saying how I see it sometimes Idea Idea
BadKitty

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »

It is a control thing. Also, I think they believe if they leave first then it's less embarrassing. "I will leave him before he leaves me!"
Stalwart

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »

Everyone has their own interpretations and experiences with people that suffer from this affliction. I'm no so certain I've come to determine from my perspective that it is actually a consious control thing. It would certainly appear to be if it were a rational person bringing about the same situation but that isn't my take on borderline reactions.

This link might just help you understand a bit of the confusion with regards to how some people with this disorder actually relate to their logic which certainly is an extreme from ours, but just as real and just as justifiable to their experiences and interactions.

www.downwardspiralintothevortex.com/2012/02/i-never-saw-it-coming-vanishing-act.html

Remember when you get to the bottom to click on the Article 2 link. It gets more understandable. It's a huge learning curve to try and understand what we see and experience from the point of view of a borderline person but this particular person has made huge strides in all her articles to try and bring some clarity to it from her experience and take on it.

Worth the read. The whole site and all the articles are peiper.
MrsDivia

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

1. Its a way of controlling making you tell them not to leave and how much they mean to you etc etc... . kind of a way to give them that one up on you

2. I really think a few times she has just gotten embarrassed by her behavior... Like a light bulb went off in the middle of her raging or throwing verbal crap at me and she wants to run... has even went into I'm not good enough for you speech and I'm crazy why do I do this etc... now keep in mind that may just be a pity party to get me to feel sorry for her and jump into help mode... again control

30... I really think it boils down to a control thing... . again I maybe wrong just saying how I see it sometimes Idea Idea

totally agree... . to us it all seems so ___ backwards but because it is that child-like response.
TiggerGirl

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »

I totally agree that its a control thing. My uBPDh has to be in control of every situation and I have recently told him that to his face. I said "you want all of the control, but none of the responsibility." He didn't even respond.

And he has abandoned me. Twice. He has always been the one that leaves. He told me that when he needed my love and support, I abandoned him. In a way that is true, but I was also trying to cope with depression and anxiety at the same time because of him. He leaves me before I could leave him.

He doesn't know if he wants our marriage to work, but its been six months since our seperation and he still doesn;t know what he wants to do. He said he doesn't want to string me along, but at the same time he hasn't done anything to get help for himself or for our marriage.

He knows I won't walk away because still love him very much.

So, yes, its very much a control thing.
peiper

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »

I would have to agree its control. The last time she left I left her alone, she called in a month saying her life was crap without me. Wanted me to sell my house and move down to where she was 200 miles away, said she would buy me an antique store because there is no oilfield there and thats all I know. She doesnt have the money to buy an antique store. It was completly nutty thinking on her part. I told her no you come home, so she broke her lease and like a dummy I helped her move home again.
peiper

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »

Im kinda thinking now her bogus restraing order shot her in the foot because now she cant call me. Which has to bug her. And I deleted her from my friend list on FB.
enlighten me

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »

There are still so many things that I have yet to get my head around. The don't go Im leaving thing is one.

As far as I can work out its the fear of being abandoned that leads them to run away. Like a child who runs and hides because they know they are going to get told off. They don't want to face what they perceive is coming.

As with all my thoughts on BPD I could be a long way off the mark.

peiper

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »

I think my biggest mistake was telling her that I wanted a divorce after I was sick and tired of all her tests. I was hoping it would wake her up. But it actually made things worse. She became the one constantly threatening to leave.
stuckgirl

Relationship status: engaged but not living together

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »

pwBPD are extremely scared of being abandoned.

they do this to make sure they reject you before you reject them
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest