Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 01:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with your hurt and your dislike-hate of your BPD?  (Read 367 times)
Samuel S.
Formerly Sensitive Man

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 30, 2014, 09:36:50 PM »

We nonBPDs deal with a lot of negative behavior and negative talk from our BPDs. We have this website to learn from. We have each other to learn from. We have each other to vent with. Yet, with all that being said, how do you deal with your hurt and your dislike-hate of your BPD? Sure, we can understand the reasons and feel empathy, but our way to tolerate their negative behavior and negative talk can possibly wear us down. So, again, how do you deal with your hurt and your dislike-hate of your BPD? Also, how long does it take for you to clear yourself of these feelings, or do you? Perhaps, we can learn from one another.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

dealingwithit

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »

It takes me about three days after a huge blow-up. Although to me they are the most hurtful episodes. The day-to-day insults and negativity can be very wearing. I have to make sure I do things for myself on purpose. I have a lot of helpful relationships. I try not to take it personally as much as is humanly possible.
Samuel S.
Formerly Sensitive Man

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 10:34:14 PM »

I try not to take my BPDw's negative behavior and negative talk personally, but it has been adding up so much during the last couple of years, telling me that my attitude caused a car accident, telling me that I shouldn't be in the hospital when I am sick due to the cost, telling me that she felt like my D during intimacy, telling me that she is better in so many ways that I ever will be, etc., etc. With this constant hammering and even when she is somewhat stable, when the hammering continues, it certainly is extremely challenging not to take her negativity personally. All I have ever given her is my love and my support. Yet, that is not enough for her. That is why it is extremely challenging for me to rationalize her negative behavior and her negative talk, all of which turns to hurt and dislike and sometimes hate. Yet, I oftentimes hate myself more so for having been duped so badly.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest