Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:53:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Insight into Borderline thoughts...  (Read 350 times)
DreamerGirl

« on: July 18, 2014, 03:49:46 AM »

I have no idea what triggered my BPDbf to write me a six page letter, on foolscape paper, while I was asleep  one night, last week but it really was an insight into some of his chaotic thoughts. 

The title he gave it said "Jame's telling you my feelings"

First paragragh:  "I feel so brain numb, like really disappointed, confused, but mainly so happy and at peace with myself".

Next paragraph: "wow, peace with myself, I've never felt those words before, I feel so so happy that I finally have the guts to tell you stuff."  (he has a gambling problem, that is what he is referring too).

"I am so numb, there's love.  I've never felt like this.  sounds great, saddens me, I can't trust myself, not that you arent enough but I hate myself, I fell Im wasted skin and if I ended my life, people would get over me quickly and I'd never hurt anyone again.  Sorry don't worry, only feelings and self procrastination.  Makes me dream.  You're always in these dreams, your smile melts me.

I'm still very lonely when Im not with you.  You flood my dreams and I have even recently questioned your feelings for me.  I've put you on such a pedatal, sometimes so high I simply feel saddended that one day you will rise from your depression and as I do, think, of how much a silly, scared little boy I am, I mean this.

I've been over getting hurt 4 ages, trusting and being ripped off.  I'm the type if I fell over, instead of a hand to pick me up, I would get the kick in the ribs while im down.  But now I feel so much happiness, love and hope.  I wish neither of us were so delicate.

Thats just a few paragraghs from this almost book of his feelings.  There were times in this when he said how bad I made him feel etc, but then the next sentence was the opposite.  It was very confusing to read.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »

That's really interesting to read, DreamerGirl, and you're right; a real insight into how your boyfriend thinks and feels. You're lucky he was able to share that; it should help you communicate with him and understand his troubles. I don't think my Husband would ever be able to be that self-reflective, though my BPD son (he's 37) is often verbal about such things. And yeah... .the inconsistencies and dichotomy of his thoughts are often confusing (and even scary!) to me.

How long ago did he give the letter to you? How did you react to it? Have you two discussed any of the thoughts in it, or was the writing of it and the handing it to you, enough for him? I'd love to know how it changed things between you (if it did)... .

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest