Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 08:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: reoccuring dreams  (Read 392 times)
healinghome

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: July 25, 2014, 04:14:03 AM »

I've read (I think it was in 'understanding the borderline mother' that many sons and daughters of BPD parents dream about escaping from prison camps and such situations.  i personally have a reoccurring dream like this, but with healing it is becoming less.  i wondered if anyone else has reoccurring dreams related to the influence of those with BPD.

daisy4 
claudiaduffy

Relationship status: Married (going on 1 year)

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 11:26:19 AM »

Yes, but mine almost always directly involve my uBPDm or uBPDmil in the dream itself. Not so abstract as a concentration camp.

Though, come to think of it, I had a dream a couple of months ago where I was being kidnapped and prepared to be tortured and executed by a cult, and the only way out was to take advantage of a moment when they weren't looking, and kill one of them with a club I'd found, so I could escape. It was brutally realistic (it took more than just a hit to the head to kill my capturer), and it was AWFUL. I dreamed it four times in a row before I woke up, and each time tried to find another way out, but couldn't. I wouldn't have even killed to get loose myself except I wasn't the only caught by them, and I needed to help get other innocent people and kids out.

I hadn't thought about that being related to getting free from the BPDs in my life - it just seemed like a crazy awful dream - but now you've got me thinking.
healinghome

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

Excerpt
Though, come to think of it, I had a dream a couple of months ago where I was being kidnapped and prepared to be tortured and executed by a cult, and the only way out was to take advantage of a moment when they weren't looking, and kill one of them with a club I'd found, so I could escape. It was brutally realistic (it took more than just a hit to the head to kill my capturer), and it was AWFUL. I dreamed it four times in a row before I woke up, and each time tried to find another way out, but couldn't. I wouldn't have even killed to get loose myself except I wasn't the only caught by them, and I needed to help get other innocent people and kids out.

wow... .that sounds intense.  the cult issue might be to do with the secrecy around the BPD?  like... .you and siblings know about it and the effects of it, but the rest of the world has no idea! 
claudiaduffy

Relationship status: Married (going on 1 year)

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »

Yeah, maybe. Also (since I think it was probably more to do with my uBPDmil than my uBPDm) it may have stemmed from her abuse of religion in her hatefulness toward us. My mother's Christianity makes her BPD less intense (surprisingly enough); my MIL's "Christianity" (I think it's an ingrained sham with her) is merely a weapon in the hands of her BPD.

But I don't want to derail your thread. You say your dreams are recurring - are they all more or less the same? Are you always powerless in them?
healinghome

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 04:00:02 AM »

well that makes sense... .the religion connection.  I didn't feel you were derailing my thread... .I'm here to share my experiences and learn from others too Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)   

I used to be very powerless in my dreams.  I remember one I used to have was an enormous black dog-like animal was chasing me and I used to be able to only just out run it.  I'd run through houses and yards etc, slamming doors on it.  then one time I thought 'screw you!' and turned to face it.  it shrank very small and left and I never had the dream since.   the prison camp one is usually trying to escape via tunnels and stairs etc.  like trying to find my way out of an enormous gray derelict building/prison.

I haven't had it in a while and its definitely easing with healing.  I look forward to the day I have the prison dream and find my way out of it, just like the black dog dream   Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest