Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 02:32:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice... my daughter is getting married this saturday  (Read 381 times)
byfaith

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: July 28, 2014, 11:02:06 AM »

trying to condense this question without telling a whole story. I am walking my daughter down the isle on her wedding day. My uBPDw will not be attending the wedding. I want to be at the wedding but not the rehearsal the night before (will be a very uncomfortable situation for me with many individuals that I have strained relations with)

Also going to the rehearsal may trigger my wife's emotions possibly ruining the whole tone for my mental state for the wedding day. I don't think my daughter's feelings will be devastated if I don't go to the rehearsal, my dealings with others will be spared and also the possible trigger for my wife.

In my opinion I feel like, for me, considering the circumstances the best choice is for me to skip the rehearsal.

Any thoughts? Anyone been there done that?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

woodsposse

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:39:09 AM »

Hi.  Without knowing a lot of the back story, where you are in what you are doing at this point in your life or what type of strained relationships you are referring to... .I can only add this.

My daughter recently got engaged.  I like him - so that's not a bad thing. But my (now) exwife and her new family (she recycled me pretty quick and had babies with someone else)... .as well as her immediate family (my ex-inlaws) will probably ... .without a doubt... .be in attendance.  And why not?  I mean, my daugher practically grew up with my ex-wife as her mom... .and her immediate family as a family.

I'm not looking forward to it in the least bit.  Talk about triggers!

But... .this day is for my daughter.  I will be there for her and do whatever I have to do to make it a happy day for her. 

(It sucks too... .cause I know I won't beable to partake in any celebratory drinks - cause god knows the triggers which will be popping off that day!  I need to stay as focused as possible and 'fall apart' later if need be).

All that is to say this - this is a special day for your daughter (including the rehersal) - I would meditate for like 3 days straight before going... .get hypnosis... .block out unwanted people from my head or whatever it took to be there for my kid.

Hope that helps.  Stay strong.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
IsItHerOrIsItMe

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »

My S23 has said he wants to elope... .that's whenever he finds the right girl.

I think it's a combination of my crazy ex-wife and my current uBPDw.  In the past (may parent's funerals... .about a year apart) I've taken the brunt of the abuse.  But my son is not dumb and I think he knows what he'd be walking into. 

I've come to realize all I can do is act appropriately and deal with the aftermath... .after.  It sucks, will my current (or ex for that matter) wife make my son's wedding more or less enjoyable?  Less.  But that's what I invited into our lives when I asked her to marry me... .
byfaith

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I will try to make the best decision.
byfaith

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »

well, one of my reasons for not going to the rehearsal is so my wife doesn't trigger. So,

I get a text about an hour ago from my wife "I'm glad you aren't going to the rehearsal dinner".

There are so many other reasons I am not going but I think to myself how cold to say I'm glad you are not going. My wife knows of the other issues that are keeping me from going but It was like dumping salt into a wound. She's glad? If I say anything to her about the text being cold hearted I know she would say something to this effect "By glad I mean you will be spared the stress of being around all of the people you are uncomfortable around. How dare you think I mean it in a spiteful way you SOB. You f***ing suck, go to the f***ing dinner if you want" "you are an f***ing p***y".

She did ask why I didn't respond to the text but I was able to avoid giving an answer.   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest