Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:27:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone with insight to this behavior?  (Read 382 times)
byfaith

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 01, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »

My uBPDw hates it when anyone speaks badly of me to the point of her saying things to the effect of wishing to do them physical harm. (I know she wouldn't) BUT if I had to count on my one hand people in my life that have low graded me with nasty name calling when it suited their needs would be my current wife probably number one, my mom number two, my sister number three.

Is this behavior par the course for someone with BPD to want to defend someone that they love but yet  severely degrade them when they are angry?

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

maxsterling

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: living together, engaged

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »

Yes, it's common.   I have bushy eyebrows.  My fiancé often comments on my eyebrows.  Sometimes it comes across in a "loving" way, but knowing her I know she would not comment unless she was somewhat bothered.  One day, my dad was commenting on my eyebrows.  Knowing my dad, it was a way of saying "you inherited this from me, it's annoying isn't it."  But, my fiancé could not let go of how "mean" my dad was to me!  Example 2:  the woman I dated before her was also abusive, probably also BPD or NPD.  Yet, my fiancé will sometimes comment about how mean my ex girlfriend was to me, yet she does many of the same things to me.

I'm not sure if they don't make the connection, or maybe they do and this is their outward attempt at justifying their behavior as not as bad.   At least in the case of my fiancé, I think it is related to her internal shame and lack of a sense of self.

byfaith

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »

I am going to my daughter's wedding tomorrow and my wife can't stand the thought of anyone saying anything to me especially my mom. My mom informed me on Jan 1, 2014 she wanted nothing to do with me as long as I was married to my wife. This is my 2nd marriage.

My wife likened my mom and a few others as a pack of wolves (which I can't really disagree with). There are some hateful females in my family. Nice to your face and run you down behind your back. This is what makes it hard for any reconciliation between my girls who have my mom influencing them and my wife who has reached out via emails asking forgiveness and then non is returned. Then my wife gets hurt and lashes out with more emails exacerbating the situation.

123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

Hi byfaith

How was your daughter's wedding?  Were the ladies in your life able to set their differences aside for the good of your daughter for the night?

Hope you had a wonderful time!  Did your daughter look beautiful? Smiling (click to insert in post)
byfaith

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 08:45:19 AM »

Hi 123Phoebe 

Thanks for asking! It was awesome. She was beautiful  I had the honor of walking her down the isle. Yes and no one showed their tail  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:37:20 PM »

Hi 123Phoebe 

Thanks for asking! It was awesome. She was beautiful  I had the honor of walking her down the isle. Yes and no one showed their tail  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

... .and no one showed their tail Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  So glad to hear it! Smiling (click to insert in post)

Aw, you sound like one happy proud daddy!

Here's hoping the feel good vibes continue... . 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest