Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 12:01:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Same sex BPD relationship - will she come back from her rebound  (Read 404 times)
Hawk Ridge

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: August 07, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »

I fell in love with my partner almost 2 years ago.  She left me 4 months ago, after months of disengagement, blunt affect, and verbal degradation when not in silent treatment.  I lost my confidence and became quiet and passive, hoping the winter cold and darkness would pass and we'd endure. Surprisingly, this would not happen.  She left me last spring too but came back less than a month later.  She left... .me... .heartbroken and confused.  She said she wanted to be alone and then she went online and found someone completely opposite of me in terms of careers, finances, kids, family values, living community... .all opposite.  Her online profile disturbed me as it wasn't her personality, interests, attitude, or energy level... .it was mine  Within the past few weeks, she has called and left a friendly message.  I have been going to counseling to work through my depression and PTSD.  While I am committed to making it work and being the confident woman I was before this, the woman she fell in love with.  Does this sound familiar?  Dare I hope she could be on her way back?

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

itgirl

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: 4 years living together

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 04:20:38 AM »

hi,

I cant say for sure if she will come back to you but in my experience this is not uncommon.  They re-cycle many times and some BPDs you will never hear from again.

You are seeing a T which is great.  I hope you will focus more on working on yourself for you than being a better person for her.

Did you reply to her friendly message?

Hawk Ridge

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »

Thank you for your honest response.  I am trying to use this time to both recover from the emotional abuse but also to learn about the illness. The openness of this venue seems to provide good information from the experiences within the forum as well as the articles.  I am a strong advocate of self care so i have no shame about seeing a therapist.  My only concern is that she doesn't seem to want me to go back should the opportunity arise.  I have been very open in stating I desire to return to this relationship, learn tools to do so, and to pratice self care as I suffered significant depression and ptsd after she abruptly left me without stating why. I automatically went into my shame response of blaming myself.

I would love to hear ideas about setting up more appropriate boundaries should she desire to come back.

I did return her call and left a friendly voicemail. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest