Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 09:27:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melt Down Happened  (Read 451 times)
wilsonian

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« on: August 21, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »

well its been a while since I have been on here... my last post of venting was sort of the end of my rope I guess Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... went home that night to constant raging... negitive everything and basically hearing I was a piece of poop... .so along with that nad stress from job and life I had an emotional meltdown for a few hours... .got calmed down and the pastor talked to me for awhile which sem to help... .of course durning it all it was my fault I had the meltdown... .anyway 48 hours later she is saying sorry this sorry that she doesnt want to lose me etc... .I did discover(the hard way) I need to look out for number one... .and if she wants to rant and rave put me down and all the other things I have been dealing with... hey its her problem... .Im tired of being hurt and the whipping post... .I will take the great days and good days as they come and the bad days I am not going to beat myself up over... I will use the tools I know and if nothing works hey its her issue... .thanks for allowing me to vent... again... Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »

well its been a while since I have been on here... my last post of venting was sort of the end of my rope I guess Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... went home that night to constant raging... negitive everything and basically hearing I was a piece of poop... .so along with that nad stress from job and life I had an emotional meltdown for a few hours... .got calmed down and the pastor talked to me for awhile which sem to help... .of course durning it all it was my fault I had the meltdown... .anyway 48 hours later she is saying sorry this sorry that she doesnt want to lose me etc... .I did discover(the hard way) I need to look out for number one... .and if she wants to rant and rave put me down and all the other things I have been dealing with... hey its her problem... .Im tired of being hurt and the whipping post... .I will take the great days and good days as they come and the bad days I am not going to beat myself up over... I will use the tools I know and if nothing works hey its her issue... .thanks for allowing me to vent... again... Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Wilsonian,

How are you doing?

wilsonian

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »

personally I am doing better ... like I was saying in my other post about the splankna it has made a big difference... I think that night was just a breaking point for me and since then with talks to God... my Pastor and myself I have been healing quite well... .the main thing is always know that I am the one who controls my emotions no matter what and need to work on things that make me happy... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 03:26:27 PM »

personally I am doing better ... like I was saying in my other post about the splankna it has made a big difference... I think that night was just a breaking point for me and since then with talks to God... my Pastor and myself I have been healing quite well... .the main thing is always know that I am the one who controls my emotions no matter what and need to work on things that make me happy... .

Hmmm... .is it better to control your emotions... .or is is better to let your emotions be and control your actions?

wilsonian

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »

control my actions to the emotions... .Idea
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »

Exactly! 

This is a point that is applicable to nons and pwBPD.  Your emotions are... .  Invalidating those tends to go worse for pwBPD... .but even for a non... .it sucks to be invalidated.

Sure... we can find extreme examples where the emotions need to be worked on... .so nothing is an absolute.

JohnLove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »

Bravo! To the pair of you.

So insightful and helpful.

Thank you both.
MissyM

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 08:57:57 PM »

Very true!  I know that it triggers my emotions when dBPDh starts blaming me for his problems and pushing it off onto me.  This tends to trigger my dysregulation and I blow up.  Ugh, hard to deal with someone that is back in a negative state and blaming me for his problems today.  It is so weird that he is telling me he can't make me happy, yet I am not the one expecting him to make me happy.  He expects me to make him happy and blames me for his depression and dysfunction.  I know this is a loop that happens and I need to step out of it.  Thanks for the reminder that my emotions are ok, I just need to adjust my actions.
waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »

Own and accept your emotions without guilt.

Once you do that your actions no longer become reactionary. If you stop acting reactionary you stop regretting your actions. This makes the consequences of your actions more acceptable to you.

As you say, if you have done your best without guilt then if this is not palatable to someone else, that is their problem.

Lack of guilt is a good barrier to projection

Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest