Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 12:26:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife with possible BPD, continued  (Read 815 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »

I can't find that particular info, but I know it says to let them be and work on yourself and eventually they will get through it.

How have you been doing at "letting them be"?

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »

i haven't contacted since yesterday morning when I asked to speak to the kids and she didn't respond.  She has now emailed about a bill and when I can pay my part.  This is the frustrating part.  I'm tired of this being the only communication with me.  I haven't responded yet.  Trying to let her know that this weekend I will, validate her and having a hard time with this one as I don't want to JADE... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »

i haven't contacted since yesterday morning when I asked to speak to the kids and she didn't respond.  She has now emailed about a bill and when I can pay my part.  This is the frustrating part.  I'm tired of this being the only communication with me.  I haven't responded yet.  Trying to let her know that this weekend I will, validate her and having a hard time with this one as I don't want to JADE... .

I'm wondering if you need to respond differently when she contacts you.  It's obvious that you responding promptly and her ignoring is not going well... .

I'm hoping some others have suggestions about the best way to do this.

On the one hand... .email is good for handling finances... .you can stick to the point... .read it a couple times before sending it... .all that is good.

But in your case... .you would like to see her and spend time with her... in a positive manner.

I'm trying to think if there is a way for you to gain some control back through this... .make her make choices... .instead of you having to suck it up all the time.

Again... this is me "wondering aloud"... vice telling you.  But I'm thinking that an email response acknowledging receipt and that you are working on this and other financial issues.  Then... follow up in a day or two with something along the lines of I have some answers and I'm available to meet and discuss (and then give a couple times she can pick).

If you guys meet and have a good conversation... and stay productive.  Hand over the money and give the information.  Make sure that is at the end and don't linger. 

If she dysregulates... .leave and let her know you will be available later.  (need to work on exact wording)

Note:  Don't do this unless several other senior members think its a good idea... .and definitely don't unless you KNOW!  That you can hold it together and follow the lessons and rules. 

Thoughts?

MaroonLiquid

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »

Here is my response that I have come up with... .

Wife, i received your email regarding the certain bill.  Thank you for sending that.  I understand that knowing the bills are paid is a big weight off your shoulders so I will make sure it is paid this weekend.

What do you guys think?

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like I'm a pushover... .And it doesn't give her a chance to communicate.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 04:59:25 PM »

Here is my response that I have come up with... .

Wife, i received your email regarding the certain bill.  Thank you for sending that.  I understand that knowing the bills are paid is a big weight off your shoulders so I will make sure it is paid this weekend.

What do you guys think?

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like I'm a pushover... .And it doesn't give her a chance to communicate.

Yep... agreed... .doesn't retain or get any power for you.

Try...

Got your email... .let me consider this and I'll try to get you an answer in a day or so.

waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »

pwBPD like black and white answers and time frames. Easier to say Monday then do it by weekend.

If its not black and white they hear, "its not important to me, when I get round to it, if i do, whatever,go away stop pestering me". You needing time to think abut it /work it out is of no concern to them. By the same token you dont want to be jumping to attention so a definate answer but one which makes it clear you wont be rushed is best.

If its not black and white you wont be able to move focus back to what is important and the side show power play will stay center stage.

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest