Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is This Splankna Working?  (Read 492 times)
wilsonian

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »

My dBPDw has been having sessions lately of this splankna... .they have been working on her past and all the horror in it and do like a getting it out cleansing and closing of it all sealed with prayer and faith... .man it seems to be working to control her rages and getting her closer to the wife I knew years ago in school... I mean don't get me wrong its still far from normal but its like driving 100mph now compared to 300mph with norm being 70mph... .she seems to be more aware of her actions lately and more ready to say sorry and I believe mean it(still have my guard up)... anyway just wanted to share
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:15:29 PM »

My dBPDw has been having sessions lately of this splankna... .they have been working on her past and all the horror in it and do like a getting it out cleansing and closing of it all sealed with prayer and faith... .man it seems to be working to control her rages and getting her closer to the wife I knew years ago in school... I mean don't get me wrong its still far from normal but its like driving 100mph now compared to 300mph with norm being 70mph... .she seems to be more aware of her actions lately and more ready to say sorry and I believe mean it(still have my guard up)... anyway just wanted to share

I'm glad things in your r/s are improving.

What do you see as your next step?

wilsonian

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »

never get my hopes up to quick Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .just encourage her to continue with these sessions and myself keep working on the relationship with the tools I have learned from this board and other reading and start to work on me and making me a more happy person... .of course pray... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »

start to work on me 

What does this look like?  Can you describe this?

wilsonian

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »

Heal the traumas of yesterday to start feeling better today

Splankna therapy is a unique, Biblical-based, energy healing protocol designed by the Splankna Therapy Institute in Denver, Colorado. Splankna interventions are based on the assumptions that the subconscious mind catalogs the individual's life experiences and that previous traumatic events fuel current symptoms. We assist the client in employing specific combinations of touch and thought to facilitate the body's ability to release stored traumatic emotions. We are not licensed mental health professionals, but we are certified Splankna Practitioners.

Session Fees: Sliding Scale

Visit www.splankna.com for more details.
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »

I was more interested in what "working on your" looks like. 

What are you doing now that you weren't doing a couple weeks ago?

Even better... .what are you thinking about adding in the next few weeks to work on yourself even more?

wilsonian

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »

lately I have been doing allot more of thinking things through... almost like a slow motion scene where you can see and hear each detail and have more control on which direction to chose as far as words and actions... .does that make sense... .sort of like a boxer planning each punch but have moments not seconds to decide which is most effective... .
wilsonian

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »

hummm adding the next few weeks I have gotten that far yet Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... but open to suggestions... .
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:54:24 PM »

lately I have been doing allot more of thinking things through... almost like a slow motion scene where you can see and hear each detail and have more control on which direction to chose as far as words and actions... .does that make sense... .sort of like a boxer planning each punch but have moments not seconds to decide which is most effective... .

Sounds good... .to me... .the above is more of a "tactic" of how to work successfully work in the r/s vice "self-care".

Self care... .to me... .would be going for walks... .reading a book for no purpose but a relaxing escape... .getting an extra few hours of sleep... .eating better... .

Thoughts? 

waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:11 AM »

Sounds a bit like practicing mindfulness. Being aware of the moment in its entirety, creating more centre reactions

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
wilsonian

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »

formflier... .this may sound crazy but what would be a major negative in normal situations has turned positive for me as far as allowing time for myself... .my work in the past few weeks has sent me nearly two hours away to work another location... .to be honest the four hours along... just taking in the country sights listening to music I want to listen to... stop and get a diet dew without getting grip at Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .its been sort of a get away for myself... .even though it is different location and the drive etc... .I know once I return back to my normal I am going to have to allow myself more time for me... fish... read... shoots some hoops... prayer... .thank you for your feed back it helps me know I am somewhat on the right track
formflier
Retired Staff

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 01:46:08 PM »

formflier... .this may sound crazy but what would be a major negative in normal situations has turned positive for me as far as allowing time for myself... .my work in the past few weeks has sent me nearly two hours away to work another location... .to be honest the four hours along... just taking in the country sights listening to music I want to listen to... stop and get a diet dew without getting grip at Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... .its been sort of a get away for myself... .even though it is different location and the drive etc... .I know once I return back to my normal I am going to have to allow myself more time for me... fish... read... shoots some hoops... prayer... .thank you for your feed back it helps me know I am somewhat on the right track

I think you are on the right track with this thinking... .  It is rare that I don't see huge benefits from spending time on me... .

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest