Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 08:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I do anything?  (Read 393 times)
Marvis

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« on: September 08, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »

Still very much blacklisted. The only words spoken were as follows:

Me: you work in tonight honey?

Him: *inaudible mumbles*

Me: I'm sorry, I didn't hear you, what'd you say?

Him: stop trying to f---with me!

Me: I was only wondering.  I gotta go to bed.  I love you. *went to bed*

Got home from work and got nothing after I say good morning. His face is angrily distorted still.  Not a soft feature noticeable.  I pray that this ends soon. I'm trying to be ok with it but it's so hard when you're left in the dark while being right next to the person you didn't think would ever turn the lights out. Is there anything I can do in this present moment? Do I just leave it alone? 
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

maxsterling

Relationship status: living together, engaged

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 05:48:17 PM »

I've been there, too.  My feeling is to just wait until his emotions simmer down, and he will come around.  Sounds like he is in a bad mood, and if he doesn't want to talk, that's his issue.

Stinks being in your position, but you have to do your best at living a happy life despite his bad mood.  There's really nothing you can do to force yourself onto his good side before he is ready.

Marvis

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »

I've been there, too.  My feeling is to just wait until his emotions simmer down, and he will come around.  Sounds like he is in a bad mood, and if he doesn't want to talk, that's his issue.

Stinks being in your position, but you have to do your best at living a happy life despite his bad mood.  There's really nothing you can do to force yourself onto his good side before he is ready.

He just forced me to wake up (been a long work/brain week, I'm exhausted.  Day #6 Bullet: comment directed to __ (click to insert in post) work tonight) he told me that I make him feel like a prisoner in his own home and that I needed to go for a walk. I got up, in a daze mind you, got my walking clothes on all while he was following me around telling me how terrible and unsupportive I am. I said nothing. he told me that in order to make him more comfortable I have to stay in the spare room or find somewhere else to live. Our spare room is a catch all for his temper tantrum cleaning sprees. Hooray, I get a junk room full of his stuff. He started in again with how it's my job to make him feel better when he's like this, he's given me the tools to help and apparently I flat out refuse. That's when I finally said something.  I said(very calmly, mind you) "honey, it's not my job to make you feel better,  only you can do that for yourself,  just like I can only do that for myself. I want to help you but you need to be able to help yourself too. It's not fair to put your happiness all on me. I'm gonna mess up, I'm gonna let you down, I'm human, it's what we do." He flew in to a bigger rage. I just heard yelling, no clue what he said, I wasn't willing to accept anymore of the filth that spew from his mouth. I feel bad enough about myself most of the time anyway so I walked away. Smoked a cigarette,  brushed my teeth, and as I walked out the door I said, "I'm going for a walk, I will be back soon, I love you" what should I have done differently?  Did I do anything right? My brain goes into panic mode when this happens so I forget about enacting SET and whatnot.  I'm just so scared I'm doing more harm than good but then I realize too that I'm not very confident since I've been made to feel like I'm below him and everyone else for that matter. I'm just trying to find myself and my ways to deal with things. It'll come, I know this, but I just don't know when or how.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest