Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 06:24:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I dont feel like doing anything with you.  (Read 373 times)
RR4U

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: seperated

« on: September 12, 2014, 07:29:12 PM »

Married to a possible BPD. Another weekend comes and again same comments are made... .I dont feel like doing anything with you. I just dont know how much more of this I can take. Is it so wrong to want a marriage and a spouse. Another weekend of maybe we should divorce conversation to then hear were just talking doesnt mean we have to do it.  I think it might be time for me to walk away! Any suggestions before I run far far away... .
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »

Hello, RR4U &  Welcome and the Staying Board... .

I'm really sorry for all the pain you are going through, and the loneliness you are feeling. How long have you been married? Do you have any children? Has your marriage always been this way?

One thing you can do is take a deep breath, and start reading all of the links to the right-hand side of this page, learning just what is driving your wife's behavior, and the communication tools & techniques to at least stop things from getting worse. There really are ways to make things better with our BPD spouses. Though you cannot control how your wife behaves, you can control how you deal with and communicate with her; once you find ways to stop pushing every one of her buttons, you just may find that she ends up reacting differently to you, which can make the behaviors that hurt you so much fade away.

It's not easy, but it's worth a try, right? Please tell us more about yourself, and read all you can on this site... .It really could help, RR4U 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest