Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:22:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May try to make a push in couples T today  (Read 761 times)
formflier
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »

Thanks for the advice. This is by far the worst dysreguation i have seen from her so far.  Today has been worse.   More later.

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 11:00:09 PM »

The truly sad thing is, that if I broke up with her right now after she spent an hour complaining left and right about me and how she has doubts about marrying me, she'd scream at me for "dumping" her, and probably never, ever get it.

The other sad thing is that instead of considering how your life would be better (or worse) should you break up with her, you are discussing how she would react.

Time to stop worrying about whether she gets it or not. Time to focus on taking care of yourself.
maxsterling

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: living together, engaged

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »

I was going to type more of the details of what went down.  But really you could pick any thread on this forum no matter who authored it and it's pretty much what happened.  Projection, blame, abuse.   And it of course happened when we were out, when we were in the car, no easy chance to get away from it.  When it started in the restaurant, I immediately got us to go boxes and drove home.  And I had to endure the 20 minute car ride of her just claiming stuff about me that easily describe her:  That I have no personality and only mirror her   That I can't have a conversation with her and she has to initiate everything (despite my dozen attempts that day where she didn't respond or responded negatively due to her own dissociative behavior).  That I am emotionally immature 

I did manage to get out of the house later to watch football.  I really needed that.  But that was only after she practically kicked me out of the house.  I wanted to get out, but due to her behavior I didn't want to go too far, fearing her safety and the safety of our pets.  So I stayed in the living room while she stayed in the bedroom with the door closed.  That was just enough space to be out of the chaos.  She came out half an hour later and basically told me to leave (I think she wanted to watch TV).  So, I left for a few hours.  Later she texted me to ask where I was, I told her, she then asked if I was with a woman  .  Classic push/pull.  Spend the afternoon berating me saying telling me her life with me is hell and how this isn't going to work out, to a few hours later worried that I am with another woman.  Of course, she was a little nasty to me when I got home.  We watched some TV, and actually slept in the same bed, and at one point she wanted me to hold her, and did kinda/sorta apologize.  Of course she was distant and testy again this morning.  At least I am at work now, and can use this space to wind down on my own.

So what's really going on with her?  Well, this job situation.  I don't know of a single person that wouldn't crumble under what she is going through there.  Add the BPD lack of identity, and everything ties together - her identity and our relationship and the reason she lives here is all tied in with her job.  And it all ties into the shame and humiliation and of course she needs an outlet.  Another factor is that I think she has reached out to friends who have not been available for her.  I'm not sure what the deal is there, but I know she is in a much better mood when she is spending time with friends.   I see this as either her friends having their own lives and issues, and she not understanding that, or that the friends are intentionally keeping their distance knowing how draining such a negative person can be. 

I'm really hoping she gets some kind of news on this job today because I know the waiting game is killing her.  It's killing me, too, because I feel like if she is feeling so much stress over that, it will be impossible to work on any kind of relationship issues in a meaningful way.  I'm kinda bracing myself, though, because should she be let go from this job, I think hospitalization is extremely likely, and the end of the r/s is almost inevitable.  She will completely fall apart.

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »

I think hospitalization is extremely likely, and the end of the r/s is almost inevitable.  She will completely fall apart.

Do you think hospitalization could result in a change in treatment... .to something more effective?

More effective treatment could result in a better r/s... .

Wondering too if boundaries need to be strengthened.  For instance... .abuse in car means I pull over and get out... .with the keys.

I have personally done this before... .which I why I bring that one up.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest