Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:47:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emotional abuse of children  (Read 340 times)
Cmjo

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Left him 2 months ago

« on: September 26, 2014, 04:03:30 AM »

Can you please recommend reading on this, particularly re fathers who maybe be borderline or narcissistic?

I am torn between not wanting to have to reduce my childrens time with their dad, but needing to protect them from his unexpected outbursts and abuse like ignoring, refusing to buy or pay for things they need, being aggressive and demanding that they are perfect when it comes to doing homework, splitting them especially favouring our son over our daughter. When he is well he can be superdad, affectionate and playful. We still have no court order in place and my kids have just started new school hours where theynfinish at 2. I need my lawyer to step in and help me as he will not cooperate in any negotiations, but in the short term I want to write  BIFF email suggesting a routine for the next month, subject to seeing how it works out. Can I actually say I think you are emotionally abusive to our children ( well I have said it many times already in emails, in fact it was that which made me decide to leave in the end). Or should I just say here is the plan for the next month I think that this is the plan that best serves thenkids needs and takes into account both our work schedules?

C x
Lmls

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living apart for 17 months

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 03:16:59 AM »

Hi Cmjo,

I keep my communications with my ex very business like- polite and clear.

I reread and leave for a bit and then read again before sending, taking out anything that may trigger an emotional response and that isn't essential to the practical information he needs regarding the children.

Hope this helps.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest