Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:43:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She threatens to leave, I want to stay  (Read 351 times)
RebeccaN

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: September 28, 2014, 05:27:12 AM »

I want to stay so badly it hurts. I love my girlfriend with BPD so much. She has shown me more love than anyone else, and caused me to be a better person. The problem is that whenever I am less than perfect, she wants to break up and claims to hate me. I am so hurt by her games. She tells me it's all my fault, that I am crazy, etc. I just want to be happy. The silent treatment is so painful. I am so afraid one day she will really carry out her threats and leave me. I know our relationship is not necessarily healthy, but I can't imagine being with or loving anyone else. I love her, faults and all. I am trying not to be needy while she ignores me but it's so hard because normally she is in constant contact with me. I feel like she's been gone a week, but it's only been a few hours. The intensity of our union both thrills and frightens me. I know she always gone around, but I still believe every threat. Every time she says we are done I believe it. Maybe this time it's real? Such an emotional roller coaster.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »

Hi, RebeccaN &  Welcome

I'm truly sorry for the pain you are going through with your girlfriend; it's awful when we are so insecure with our partner, and I know how sad it is to not be able to trust the relationship. Have you had the chance to check out the links to the right-hand side of this page? There is so much information there, and it will give you a good understanding of how your girlfriend's mind works and some communication tools and techniques in order to help you deal with her better... .

I also would like to suggest some Books for you to read that can help you deal with your situation. Another one (not listed at that link) is "Co-Dependent No More" by Melody Beattie. If you haven't read that one, I highly recommend it... .Your story reminds me of myself at an earlier time in my marriage, and that book especially helped me out of that hamster wheel of pain and confusion and begging and crying, in relation to my Husband's behaviors that sound a lot like your girlfriend's.

I'm so sorry for the situation you are in, RebeccaN, but very happy that you have found our family... .We'd really like to help 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest