Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 07:28:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parenting?  (Read 378 times)
Whiteytheox72

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: single

« on: September 29, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »

How do BPD's even function as parents? My exBPDgf would repeat over and over about what a good mother she was yet as time went on I found she abandoned her youngest two numerous times to spend time with new men. Her oldest told me she abused him and called him everytime she drank (which was daily) telling him he is why she drinks. She took her two youngest daughters along with her to her cousins house whom she had the incestuous relationship with... .She would say her children define her. DO they view children as humans they are responsible for or accesories?
ajr5679

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »

wow I could tell you some horrible stories about what my ex did to her kids. I have realized that she could not handle her son because he has BPD/npd also him self. (which I feel he got from her) she could not handle her son so she would just drop him off at family members houses until they could not handle him. she said she always felt sorry for him. she would leave him with me and run back to her exs house. I think it is the same thing with the kid as it is with us.
MrFox

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:43:08 PM »

Swing by the Parent, Sibling, or Inlaw board and you can read the horror stories of what it is like to have a parent with BPD.

I was, until fairly recently, pretty much a show pony for my BPDmother.  While she couldn't bring herself to really ever encourage me or support the things I did, she loved to tell other people about me and take credit for my accomplishments.  That coupled with all of the damn mind games they play with children, I would have rather grown p without a mother than her.  I think I would be a healthier person.

My exBPDgf left her former husband and 3 year-old daughter to pursue a career as a photographer, drink, and party, despite her ex-husband fully supporting her photography.  She even signed away all her rights to her child for $2000.  Who sells the rights to their child?  If you listen to her tell it, she is a phenomenal mother and her ex "stole" her child from her.
Tater tot

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:54 AM »

I'm not sure. I thought my ex was a great dad based on what he told me. I never met his child. Looking back i'm not so sure. Due to his living circumstances he didn't have a room for his child when he had custody, so they shared the same bed. He also referred to his child as his best friend (his child is under the age of 10), took his child to work when they weren't in school, talked negatively about his ex in front of his child, and talked to his kid like they were an adult. I'm wondering the reality of that relationship, as well as what will happen when his child gets older and starts wanting to live a more independent life, as teens are prone to do... .
Bak86

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 07:37:14 AM »

My ex always told me she didn't want to have kids. They are annoying. And she always makes the remark that her vagina would rupture and would be ruined.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest