Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 10:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HI just wanted to say hi and check in...  (Read 601 times)
Wanda

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: in second marriage for 20 years on valentines day

« on: October 06, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »

i am still here, i am not on as  much due to i don't see any names i recognize maybe if i come on more then never i would know the names i just came on to say   things here continue to be fine, my husband who has BPD and doesn't know it does well also, right now he still works over nights i work swing shift all our kids have  grown up and two are out. our oldest son who is challenged but high functioning i am working on moving him out also with two other guys who is challenged also. this empty nesting sure is hard. my husband doesn't like change but what BPD does right? so  he is wishy washy about the whole thing.  but things are going fine if i am not on again. Happy Halloween...

we will be married 18 years this valentines day. and for us things got better( a reason i am not on as much )he doesn't rage any more . not for days at a time like he use to, a lot is i just walk away i don't listen to him. i changed and so did he, he has no choice. well just wanted to say hi... .
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

takingandsending

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Married, 15 years; together 18 years

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:11 AM »

Hi Wanda. I appreciate hearing your good news very much! I suppose it is just small, incremental changes over the months and years if you can keep doing the work on yourself that makes things better.

Glad to hear you are hanging in there on the functional side of life. I hope to see you on that side someday soon. 

Rapt Reader
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »

Thanks for checking in with an update, Wanda  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

It's great to hear your news, and wonderful encouragement for the rest of us... .

i changed and so did he, he has no choice.

Exactly 

Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 06:42:13 PM »

Glad to hear things are good for you. I'm doing well, and my wife isn't showing the BPD symptoms anymore, 'tho she has had a recent bout with depression and anxiety.
Lucky One

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 07:12:59 AM »

Hi Wanda,

Glad to hear your success story.

I've just started the long road, and find stories like yours, and others like Formflier, truly motivational and inspirational.

Have to work on ourselves - that's the solution - you guys have convinced me!

Good place to start.

Thanks so much Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
sweetheart

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married, together 11 years. Not living together since June 2017, but still in a relationship.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:07:36 AM »

Hello Wanda,

Thanku for posting it means a lot to me personally as it's always so lovely to have positive news and that's what I needed today.

I think waverider once said that we naturally tend towards using the site when we are in difficulties or trying to facilitate our own overwhelmed internal process.

I was having a difficult day today, feeling really overwhelmed emotionally. Ironically it was the little things that I was finding so hard to deal with, a really messy kitchen, little or no help arranging activities for our son, juggling domestic life and then navigating that path with a pwBPD.

It didn't last too long, I did a bit of crying in the shower, then took s6 swimming, had a really lovely time.

Wishing you and your family well xxx

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest