Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 03:36:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random lying  (Read 376 times)
Cat21

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »

Does anyone else have a pwBPD who lies about ridiculous things? As in, lying about things that absolutely would not need to be lied about, and making up excuses in situations for absolutely no good reason.

An example: last night, my uBPDh chose to ignore a call from a friend. This morning, the friend sent him a text message saying that he hopes everything is alright, and wondered why my husband didn't answer his call last night. My husband told his friend that he (my husband) fell asleep early, and woke up at 4 AM because he fell asleep so early. None of that actually happened. My husband did not fall asleep early, nor did he wake up at 4 AM. Why the need to lie about something so ridiculous? Sometimes I laughed to myself because it's so preposterous, but there are other times when he lies to me for no good reason. Then I don't think it's so funny. Thoughts?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 10:24:42 PM »

He was probably too embarrassed to admit the truth and thought that by gaining sympathy his friend wouldn't question it. My exgf lied all the time about ridiculous things. A lot where over exaggerations. A car braking slightly late at a junction all of a sudden became a near miss that could have killed her and the children. Then there where the big lies.

Wanda

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: in second marriage for 20 years on valentines day

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 08:18:24 AM »

my

husband really doesn't lie i call it in his mind he believes what he says to be true at the time for what ever reason,

just the other day he said  his mom was in the hospital i was worried he tells  me all the time he did this or did that which i know not to be true. HE one time talked to the president, okay? all due to being scared or with his mom he didn't want me to bother her, he doesn't want her to tell him the truth he don>t want to face it. now a normal person would just say the facts instead of these stupid things. but you are talking about someone with BPD this is their coping skills.HE isn't lying he is in the black and believes what he is saying at the time.    and doesn't want to face the truth. as stupid as it sounds.
FigureIt

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »

Mine does the same too.  Lies about the strangest things.  Most of the time I don't know what to believe unless I go double check on my own.  I could ask today if we have plans for tomorrow... .he will say "I don't know or No." then the day of he'll tell me we are doing something.  If we are out with another couple, usually the couple has known for days of this plan to do something, but I'm not told.

Also, he lies to his friends to not play golf, instead of just saying "No" he makes up that he has something to do for his kids, parents, my family, etc. Yet, it's all BS.  What really gets me though is he will make up the story and then sometimes his friends will ask me about his "lie" as in "how did the soccer tournament go?"  And, I'm stuck trying to figure out what he said.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest