Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 05:45:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Faking loss - for attention?  (Read 399 times)
AnnaK

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« on: October 13, 2014, 04:45:35 AM »

Being drunk my person told me he lost all the money I brought him (a lot), when he was drunk, but he can't talk about it, and he'll "cover up for his error".

I felt intense compassion towards him, as he really seemed hurt, so I started to evaluate how I can mend the situation (without crossing the line where I'd start rescuing him)

Next day I requested the details and he said he faked because he wanted to "piss me off".

Okay, fine, the money is found, but I feel very unhappy. It feels like he cheated me in my best intentions. I realise it's no fault of his (he was drunk, and he is generally a troubled guy), but why he would do it - and why do I feel so cheated? After all, everything is okay, money is not lost... .but I feel physically very stressed out.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rockylove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:26 AM »

... .it's no fault of his (he was drunk, and he is generally a troubled guy), but why he would do it - and why do I feel so cheated? After all, everything is okay, money is not lost... .but I feel physically very stressed out.

I think you may have answered your own question.  He is a troubled guy.  He will do things that don't make sense to you.  He is looking for your reaction. 

I'm currently working through the Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns.  It's helping me understand why I've been carrying negative feelings around like an albatross.  It may help to take a look at why you are feeling as you are about a situation over which you have no control.   
Haye

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: SO

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:16:56 AM »

Agreeing with Rockylove here, he probably doesn't even understand why he does what he does.

It's possible he does not even understand how weird, inconsiderate and abnormal his behaviour seems to a 'non'? It might make sense in his head. It might also be a complete mystery to him, too.
AnnaK

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »

Yeah... .never mind... .I got over it in a couple of hours... .

Maybe he wanted to make sure that I would not "reprimand" him. Or to make sure that I would. Kinda unconditional love test
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest