Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 05:24:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dealing with let down  (Read 360 times)
Ladylove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« on: October 13, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »

I have a very independent BPD husband.  All I want is family time without being too overbearing... .but, he has passions golf... .sports highlights, that sometimes take precedence over my daughter and I.

This weekend, he spent one day with us, the next day we agreed that he would go golfing, and my daughter and I would spend the afternoon with friends.  We didn't really have plans for day 3, but he had stated after golf yesterday that he was done for the season as it's going into winter here... .

This morning, I let him know how much I appreciated the time together as a family this weekend. He told me "don't say that, it will jinx the weekend."

Then, I went to get us breakfast and got a call from him that he got invited to golf. I know with his BPD traits that saying no wouldn't work, and saying yes with disappointment in my voice wouldn't work, and saying yes apprehensively wouldn't work, and saying yes but trying to mask disappointment wouldn't work... .and I was on the spot when repeatedly asked with annoyance in his voice "well, is it going to bother you?""well, what else did we have planned"... .I got lambasted with questions so I sucked it up and just said "yep, go, no, I'm okay, yep, we'll be fine."

I got home and set breakfast down.  He looked me in the eye with pure hatred and disgust and said "I knew that what you said to me this morning would jinx the good weekend we were having."

We've been good for about 5 days(a record lately), and now this.  He tore out of the house slamming doors, and screeching out of the driveway... .And I'm left here, alone with my child wondering how I just got blamed and blasted for wanting just one more day of time as a family.

Now, I want to escape... .I just have no idea what's coming home... .The guy whose sorry, understands my perspective and loves me, or the Po'd guy whose not going to let this go. 

On top of this, I have to turn my disappointment around for the sake of my little girl who does not need to keep witnessing my hurt and try to get on with the day.

How do you just 'put the tough girl" on and carry on?  I have such a hard time with this.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rockylove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

How do you just 'put the tough girl" on and carry on?  I have such a hard time with this.

I don't put the tough girl on.  I don't want to change who I am because he is who he is.  I've learned ways of expressing myself as not to start an argument... .it doesn't work every time and he gets his panties in a bunch, it's ok.  I just do something by myself.  I know that's difficult when you have a child, though.  I hope someone has some words of wisdom for you. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest