Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:07:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I told him he's being a dck  (Read 400 times)
Rockylove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: October 14, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »

ok... .so it's been my M.O. to make jokes about stuff.  He's on the verge of having a good ol' rage and I'm soo not interested in it.  I've got things to do and that doesn't include getting into it with him and having to leave for a break.  I have to be here to take care of what I need to take care of.  I'm trying to establish myself in the community as a local artist and there's just no time for buffoonery.  My health is dictating change and I'm not going to let his f'd up mood break me now. 

Interestingly... .this latest bout of wackazoid began when I felt the need to change gears.  My uBPDh was the one that said "just quit" and I was reluctant so I'm still doing some small tile jobs (anything that keeps me upright and doesn't involve carrying hundreds of pounds of cement and tile).  Today I brought some of my mosaic pots, vases and beaded/painted gourds to a local shop on consignment.  I'm planning to hit a couple more in the next couple of weeks.  I've got to replenish stock.  I have to create my website.  I have a lot to do and I'm not going to let his craziness to disrupt my flow. 

He says he's proud of me and praises me for what I do, but I know down deep that's not the case and I don't care.  I'm sorry that he's not confident that anything he does is worthwhile, but I am confident in my abilities and I intend to let my light shine. 

His consolation prize... .I made him one of my best home made apple pies... .and I told him that he could always have my love, but I won't allow him to have apple pie unless he stopped being a d*ck.  Tough love?  Good grief, I'm dealing with a toddler.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

KateCat

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:39:44 PM »

Oh, this is exciting. Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) An excellent move that is bound to bring many rewards, plus a few challenges, heh heh.

Ladylove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »

I'm sorry that he's not confident that anything he does is worthwhile, but I am confident in my abilities and I intend to let my light shine. 

Good for you! I admire your strength

-Lady
allibaba

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 08:26:45 PM »

I have a lot to do and I'm not going to let his craziness to disrupt my flow. 

Hey Rockylove... .so good to "see" you... .its been a while!

I am loving the 'tough' LOVE and the fact that you are not letting anyone get in the way of your success.

You go with your bad self
Verbena

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:56:45 PM »

He says he's proud of me and praises me for what I do, but I know down deep that's not the case and I don't care.  I'm sorry that he's not confident that anything he does is worthwhile, but I am confident in my abilities and I intend to let my light shine.

I can so identify with this, except that my H never compliments me or praises me, ever.  He would rather stick pins in his eyes first.  I do interior design full time since I retired as a teacher, so you and I are both are in creative fields.  I think my H, like yours possibly, has deep-seated insecurities that won't allow him to see the talents I have. 

Good for you for being confident in your talents. 
Rockylove

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 06:51:52 AM »

Thank you all for the words of encouragement.  I really don't want to do anything that's going to piss him off, but I have to do what I have to do and he has just been so "off" lately. 

Verbena, I'm sorry your H doesn't compliment you/your work.  I suppose I should be grateful that mine does.  I've never been very strong in the self confidence area and it's a huge step for me to do this.  I have so much anxiety about starting a new venture and I just can't let his mood affect me
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest