Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 04:17:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Because I Changed My Tactics  (Read 367 times)
Lucky One

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 16, 2014, 02:01:58 AM »

My uBPDw stopped her glaring, angry looks and silent raging the other day, in half an hour.

She's even been smiling at me, the last two days, after almost 3 months of silent treatment.

Why. Because I changed my tactics!

Or, is she going to recycle me! Or, she's missing me and wants to communicate again!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

borderdude

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 06:06:49 AM »

You are intresting when she needs you,  either sex, triangulation, narc. supply, etc, loneliness.
Lucky One

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »

You are intresting when she needs you,  either sex, triangulation, narc. supply, etc, loneliness.

Could be Loneliness or lack of communication!

OR

What triggers her, have been removed, since I've been putting in boundaries, the last month, which I never knew about before.
hope2727

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:05:31 AM »

Luckyone,

Are you still living together? Can I ask what boundaries you placed and how? Mine is gone and so far wants little or nothing to do with me. I got a "poke" of a text recently telling me I should check my computer for a virus as he got an email from me but thats it so far. Though your story might be useful to learn from in my situation.
Lucky One

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 03:54:05 AM »

Luckyone,

Are you still living together? Can I ask what boundaries you placed and how? Mine is gone and so far wants little or nothing to do with me. I got a "poke" of a text recently telling me I should check my computer for a virus as he got an email from me but thats it so far. Though your story might be useful to learn from in my situation.

Re: What can I do to make him stop painting me black?

Quote from: hurting300 on Yesterday at 02:27:29 PM

Quote from: Indyan on Yesterday at 12:53:36 PM

Quote from: hurting300 on Yesterday at 12:45:16 PM

Yeah I shouldn't have to learn how to deal with someone. I told her what I thought was wrong straight up. Maybe that's why she left.

I can tell you that's why MY BPD left.

Because I told him he was ill, and because he had somehow to "punish" me when admitting he had a problem.

I never told her she was mentally ill. But I did call her a liar, user and cheat. I did not validate bad behaviour. I even ask her if we both could go to counselling to work on things. She told me she didn't need it.

YES, we're still living together. Hanging on, for dear life.

For the last 38 years. 32 years married. Very bumpy road! Some smooth sailing too.

Boundary No. 1 (Top Boundary) : No further discussion - on potentially hurtful things

When she asked what I was studying when she saw me reading some of the BPD Family articles, I told her I was working on myself. To make myself a better person. It's true, as well. That's all - no further discussion. She liked that.

I started a new study yesterday on the DBT self help site of Marsha Linehan, and read a few articles about pwBPD, by properly qualified (academic) and experienced (research tested) PhD's. BPD family website is spot on - 100 %. Actually it was through them, that I found this other site. So this is a great site, as far as I am concerned.

And, I believe the people who run this site, are amazingly courageous, and truly concerned for the mental health welfare of others. Many, many THANKS for that!

We, those still learning, all just need to take note, that BPD is a truly, horrific, real, genuine sickness. Life threatening sometimes, to the person with it.  And most probably really damaging and severely painful emotionally, to those staying in the relationship with the pwBPD. Sometimes confusing and frustrating, as well.

So, that we, are trying to find a way to continue to live with our pwBPD, says "SOMETHING" about our STRENGTH and CHARACTER. This we should NOT let slip past, our awareness.

Boundary No 2: My Strength & Character - NOT discussable. With anyone.

Boundary N0 3: Never discuss her illness. With her.

Boundary No 4: Never Ever say, there is anything wrong with her. Especially emotionally

Boundary 5 : Only talk about non hurting things. Otherwise NO TALK!

Boundary 6: Do NOT discuss what I'm learning on BPD Family with her. When she showed

some interest, I gave her the web address. That's all.

Boundary 7: Never take what she says, personally. (I used to)

Boundary 8 : When she gives me the Silent treatment (quite often) - Ignore it. Give her the

space. In other words "Keep quite" (give her, her silent treatment back- but

not vindictively). Wait for her to talk first. Only answer her question or what

she is talking about. Don't be too interested, only enough to validate.

I've only been doing the above since I became a member last month, 8th September.

I've just been through a three month silent treatment episode with her, in my own home.

Glaring looks, raging body language, bumping doors etc.

I just ignored it all.

She started smiling and talking to me again, two three days ago. Don't know why!

Still no hugs and kisses though.! She won't allow it. But I miss it.

Some we WIN, some we DON'T !

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest