Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 04:25:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is anyone on here in a "recycle"  (Read 362 times)
Infern0

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 16, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »

I'm just wondering because I may be about to attempt a recycle with her.

On the leaving boards they don't think it's possible but I'm just wondering if anyone has recycled and had any success.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

rickdeckard

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: dissolved close relationship w/ "soulmate" from the 7th circle of hades

~~~~~~

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »

Hey Infern0!

Yeah, I know. Im from the leaving board.

That being said, its the nature of that board to be all about the R/S failing and not being recoverable. Its right in the title.

This is the best place to ask your question on this forum (as far as I know). Something to remember, though. If someone is having a successful relationship with a disordered partner, they may never post anything anywhere because they aren't looking for answers. I believe it was Skip that said something along the lines of "you see so many damaged R/S's here for the same reason you see only broken cars in an auto shop. The ones that are running have no need to be there".

Now that I am thinking about it, I seem to remember that there is a section or post or something called "success stories".  The ones that did work out.

Honestly it would do my heart good to see a success. There's a lot of hurt, hearing "its actually working out great" would be nice for a change.

Take care, dude. I do wish you luck with it. And there are plenty of tools here if you are going to try to work in building the R/S.

Maybe someone will get the (mostly) "Happily Ever After" ending. Maybe it will be You. But no matter what happens to not neglect yourself. Thos is (obviously) bad for you and bad for any relationship with another person.

Smiling (click to insert in post)

Smiling (click to insert in post)

The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience.
hope2727

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »

Hi I am not but in truth I wish I was. I know that sounds crazy but I really do love and respect my guy. I miss him powerfully.

I hope you will come and post regularly so we can all hear how you are doing. I am currently going to a Psychologist that specializes in BPD once a week at great out of pocket expense to learn all I can. I want to be prepared for him if a recycle occurs. I don't think it will (its been 5 months now that I am painted black.  :'() But on the off chance it does I want to be ready.

I can tell you what did and didn't work in our last recycles now that I am aware thats what they were. It could be totally different for your pwBPD though.  Boundaries were something he HATED! He even hated the word. So I had to say I feel hurt when ... .you do... .I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who does that if you can't live with that I understand. And then I had to walk away and let him decide. When he was freaking out about something ridiculous I had to not explain (Not JADE). He even told me once I was better off telling him I wouldn't dignify something with a response.  I had to be clear about rules ( no calling after 10, call before you come by, I am not your counsellor, if you are suicidal call the hot line here is the number, I don't care for this friend see him on your own etc.) I had to almost be rude. I would tell him "wow how rude" and walk away and he would snap out of it and say sorry. I would tell him " I won't participate in this conversation anymore" and walk away (tough since it was my house and I had to stay in a hotel overnight) but he didn't do it again. So basically all the things they teach here but I didn't understand that I was doing. Sigh how depressing.

Ok well I literally just came from my counselling apt where I sobbed my eyes out like a fool so I am going to stop now. I was finally feeling a bit better and I want to hang onto it. Please take care of you. Please let me know how it goes. Please tell me are you reaching out to her/him or the other way around? I want to call mine so badly but I think its a bad idea. I think he has to come to me. AND I think this time he has to work for it. I always took him back to easily so he lost respect for me and valued me less. He even told me he respected me more when I told him to get stuffed.

Ok missing him lots now. Need another cry. Please keep us posted.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Infern0

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 06:36:22 PM »

Yeah mine is reaching out to me,  slowly but surely and I even got an apology and a bit of self awareness so it's a slow thing. I want to try and just be friends first for a little while and test the waters a bit.  I'm not ready to jump straight back in to the hurricane but she is very special to me so it'd be nice to just hang out and stuff and then I guess maybe I'd be open to reconcile. 

I'm in two minds over the whole thing
peiper

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »

Hi I am not but in truth I wish I was. I know that sounds crazy but I really do love and respect my guy. I miss him powerfully.

I hope you will come and post regularly so we can all hear how you are doing. I am currently going to a Psychologist that specializes in BPD once a week at great out of pocket expense to learn all I can. I want to be prepared for him if a recycle occurs. I don't think it will (its been 5 months now that I am painted black.  :'() But on the off chance it does I want to be ready.

I can tell you what did and didn't work in our last recycles now that I am aware thats what they were. It could be totally different for your pwBPD though.  Boundaries were something he HATED! He even hated the word. So I had to say I feel hurt when ... .you do... .I don't want to be in a relationship with someone who does that if you can't live with that I understand. And then I had to walk away and let him decide. When he was freaking out about something ridiculous I had to not explain (Not JADE). He even told me once I was better off telling him I wouldn't dignify something with a response.  I had to be clear about rules ( no calling after 10, call before you come by, I am not your counsellor, if you are suicidal call the hot line here is the number, I don't care for this friend see him on your own etc.) I had to almost be rude. I would tell him "wow how rude" and walk away and he would snap out of it and say sorry. I would tell him " I won't participate in this conversation anymore" and walk away (tough since it was my house and I had to stay in a hotel overnight) but he didn't do it again. So basically all the things they teach here but I didn't understand that I was doing. Sigh how depressing.

Ok well I literally just came from my counselling apt where I sobbed my eyes out like a fool so I am going to stop now. I was finally feeling a bit better and I want to hang onto it. Please take care of you. Please let me know how it goes. Please tell me are you reaching out to her/him or the other way around? I want to call mine so badly but I think its a bad idea. I think he has to come to me. AND I think this time he has to work for it. I always took him back to easily so he lost respect for me and valued me less. He even told me he respected me more when I told him to get stuffed.

Ok missing him lots now. Need another cry. Please keep us posted.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Some BPDs attempt recycles years after the BU, If they've found another it generally take three months for the honeymoon stage to fade,
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »

You can read some of my story...

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=235291.0

Yes... it is possible to have success with a recycle...

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest