Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 03:09:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hateful  (Read 351 times)
peiper

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 23, 2014, 01:04:32 AM »

I'm having a hard time understanding how they can be so hateful. I can understand knocking the heck out of somebody that is going to hurt you, but doing it to someone (not physically)that's only crime was loving you, I cant fathom. I would have taken a bullet for that women which makes me feel stupid.
Blimblam

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »

There is nothing to feel stupid about. You loved a wounded soul now you know the wound as your own. There is no true love without sacrifice.

Hate is a mask for fear and behind fear is where true love awaits you.
Algae

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »

I'm having a hard time understanding how they can be so hateful. I can understand knocking the heck out of somebody that is going to hurt you, but doing it to someone (not physically)that's only crime was loving you, I cant fathom. I would have taken a bullet for that women which makes me feel stupid.

I agree.  I would of taken a bullet for mine too.  Would of sacrificed a lot, and did.  She had huge depression problems so I would never fall asleep until she did first, just to make sure she was okay.

Then she turns so hateful and UNGREATFUL... its so bizarre.

They replace you and think the new person is being nice and kind when really... you were the one who sacrificed everything for them to be happy.

I don't understand it either.  But whatever.
Infern0

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:09:50 AM »

They hate themselves,  when they are treating you like garbage it's because they view themselves as garbage and that's all they know how to do.

Idealisation is them conning themselves and you,  when they get a replacement they are just conning themselves again. Beliving in a fantasy because they can't handle reality.

Best thing is run for the hills and get to a place where you can forgive what happened.  In many ways it's not their fault,  they are helpless and hopeless

Doubly so if they haven't had YEARS of DBT to repair some of the damage to their brains.
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 02:11:29 AM »

The truth is borderlines want the same thing you do, although they have an illness, so the closer they get to it the more triggered they become, and it becomes intolerable, so all of the behaviors show up.  Think how much that must suck for them too, although they're very good at dealing with those feelings, they have lots of practice.
camuse

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:02:35 AM »

You can know everything about the disorder, but I'm not sure you can ever really understand it - it's so bizarre.

peiper

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 03:44:32 AM »

You can know everything about the disorder, but I'm not sure you can ever really understand it - it's so bizarre.

So very true. its hard to wrap your head around this. It is amazing.
vortex of confusion

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:48 AM »

I have asked similar questions millions of times. Heck, I have asked my husband similar questions and he just shrugs and looks at me like I am a friggin' weirdo.

I don't think they are capable of love or loyalty or anything of the sort. I know that he rarely takes up for me in any situation. I feel like I could be dying and he wouldn't really care unless it required something of him. I am the female yet our wedding was all about him and his family. That should have been a red flag all of those years ago but I didn't think anything of it because I wasn't really religious so it didn't matter to me if we had to get married in his church to appease him and his family.

In all honesty, I hope I never ever truly understand what makes a person behave that way. I can't wrap my mind around it and am actually glad that I can't. It means that I am not a thoughtless butthole. If I behaved the way my husband has over the years, I couldn't live with myself
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest