Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 09:19:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for support in coping with BPD husband  (Read 372 times)
Tiffany0915
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »

Hello.

... .like many first timers, i would imagine i am not the only one who doesn't really know where to start... .i'll try keeping this as streamlined as possible... .

I have been married for two years now. We we together for about 2 years before. We come from two very different back grounds. Sometimes, I think that the fact that I came from a so-called "loving home" and he didn't is where we have extremely opposite fundamental differences. Some days, I honestly want to kick myself for ignoring, or making excuses for signs that were pretty much there from day one... .

I have been seeing my own therapist, for my own issues for years. We saw a couples therapist which lead to him seeing an indv therapist that he liked, but he had to stop because of financial reasons. I wish that we had all the money in the world because when he was seeing someone, he seemed way more grounded.

So. there is actually too much to type, and too many details within incidents to go in to here... .but this past weekends incidents have just truly worn me down emotionally and my patience has worn thin. My patience is one of the best qualities about me, and I hate that he's seemingly stripped me of it.

I am very fortunate to have a support system of friends and family. However, no one knows what's truly going on because I feel this need to "protect" him but not letting everyone know about the emotional abuse and outbursts that I am subjected to like clockwork every few months. And that's the thing... .he scares me because he gets so upset with me, holds grudges and then it festers and then he gets that look of anger in his eyes and goes off the rails... .I'm a bad person, the worst person ever... .I'm not allowed to make mistakes... .I have to be there for him no matter what... .all and everything that was once okay, turns "stupid" "dumb" insulting my friends/family, etc. I feel like I am in a bad Lifetime Movie and don't know how to get out. We fight for hours at a time and it often ends with him apologizing and "scaring himself"... .and he promises to go to therapy again, but never does. Then there is the week or two of walking on eggshells. My fear swifts to anger and resentment... .and voila, we are back to square one. His projected anger makes me angry and I want nothing to do with him physically or emotionally... .which makes him then act out even more, because he doesn't understand how his actions make me find him repulsive.

... .so with this all being said. I have thoughts that if this doesn't change, I don't think that this marriage is for me. Sometimes, I think that my life would be better off without him--I was never riddled with fear, anxiety, resentment, etc before he came in to my orbit. I don't think that love and marriage should equal pain, the way that he thinks it might mean.

I also am grateful to my therapist for telling me about BPD so that I can do some further research on how to cope with someone with BPD. I still have hope that if he gets help, while I know there is no cure... .we can both get the tools that we need to manage and save our marriage. I am just so close to finished. I've come here for guidance and support. Thank you for your time in reading this... .
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Ladylove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »

Tiffany

Reading this made my tummy do loops.

If you read my posts... .my life and your life are pretty parallel. 4 years together- only one year married- BPD signs from the beginning, but I married him nonetheless, and no idea about BPD until my therapist mentioned it a couple months ago.

Please read about tools and check some of the responses to my questions from the veterans on here... .such good feedback... .now, it's just a matter of applying it all... .that's the tough part 'cause I am so used to doing 'the dance' with him for the last few years and need to start going in reverse to repair previous damage as well as prevent any more damage

Keep posting. The support system on here is pretty incredible and if your Staying on the "staying board" you will get nothing but valuable advice on how to make it work

Sometimes it just feels good to know that there are others going through exactly what you are... .and you made me feel that way today, so thank you...

Message me anytime

-Ladylove

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest