Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking info for my kids and I on how to live with a BPD Wife and Mother...  (Read 364 times)
Madmark
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: November 10, 2014, 02:13:27 PM »

Hello,

I have been married to my wife for 7 yrs, we are a blended family, and she has a son from a previous marriage as do I. We also have a daughter together. Life with my wife has been filled with good and bad times, sometimes more bad then good. I've known from the start of our relationship that she had issues, but who was I to judge as I too have my own, I suffer from Major Recurring Depressive Disorder and PTSD as a result of my Military carrier. I've never been able to put a name to what we all have been going though with her until last week when I was so overwhelmed I contemplated committing suicide and had myself admitted in to the Hosp for help. After listening to me go on and on for three days about what my children and I have been going through around my home with my wife the staff and Dr's gave me some info on BPD. WOW! I'm not crazy! I don't want to leave my wife for two reasons, 1. I still love her and 2. I can't leave the kids to deal with her all alone. I guess what I'm asking for is for someone to help my children and I deal with her illness so we might find some piece in our life and so my children will have a chance at a normal life as adults. Let me thank all that will step up and help me out in advance. THANK YOU!       
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 04:19:51 PM »

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome

I'm a retired Naval Officer... .and have had some bouts with PTSD as well.  I have 8 children and married for almost 20 years.

Once I found out about BPD traits and how to deal with them... .my life has gotten dramatically better.

This site played a huge role in the relationship getting better.

Step 1:  We need to get you healthy and stable.  Can you post some about how you are doing and your treatment plan for you.  Don't focus on wife or kids and all... .just talk about you.

Step 2:  Learn everything you can about BPD traits.  Read the lessons.  Sounds like you have know for a week or so.  You most likely feel like you are drinking from a fire hose of information. 

Know this... there is an "order to the disorder"... .you need to learn about that.  It will take a while to understand... but ... .it will help.

Looking forward to your next post!

GaGrl
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:54:11 PM »

Your post could have been written by my husband, about his first marriage. He was a 30 year Army infantry officer when we married. He stayed in his first marriage to a uNPD / BPD because of his own FOG and his firm conviction that he could not leave the children, and then teenagers, with her during his unaccompanied tours/deployments. And the children were affected nonetheless, but I can't imagine what would have happened without DH with them on a daily basis.

People understand. We really do. We don't have the answer for you, but we are great sounding boards.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest