Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:14:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did I handle these scenarios right?  (Read 355 times)
Mr. Solo

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: Married for 18 years. Separated for 1.

« on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »

My dBPDw had pinned a bunch of mean stuff about me on her Pinterest account the first few months following her leaving (we are still separated). Memes that were demeaning to husbands or men in general. I was on Pinterest but after she left I deleted the app because I figured she would post stuff and I didn't want to see it. Well, I decided to get back on Pinterest and some of her stuff came up (she had unblocked me). She had also sent me a few messages after she left with insults and stuff. I ignored it. I pinned some stuff and then she actually contacted me and asked if I was back on Pinterest. She asked me not to look at her pins and I told her I saw a few already. Before she could go further, I explained to her that I understand how she felt like she did, especially at the time she left, and I didn't take any of what I saw personally. I really didn't. Reading stuff here has helped me do that.

She had posted a meme that said something like, "It is so sad when there is someone that has your heart but you cant be together because the timing was never right." She asked me if I saw that one. I don't know if she wanted me to see it or what. I did see it though. She then went on to tell me how she felt guilty our entire marriage because she sometimes wondered if she had been with one of her former boyfriends how her life would have been different. Obviously, I didn't really like hearing that but at the same time, I believe that is normal for the most part. So, I told her I understood why she would feel guilty but she shouldn't because people do that to a certain extent.

Normally, I probably would have gotten upset she posted such nonsense on social media for everyone to see. I think it is childish but I really do understand why she did it. So, we were able to talk about it honestly and we didn't get upset with each other or get in a fight. I told her how it made me feel. She told me why she did it. That was it. We moved on to another topic without incident.

Good? Bad? Advice? Thoughts?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

MaroonLiquid

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »

My wife has done that a bunch since our separation on her Facebook.  She blocked me like two months ago, and put a meme that said, "You move on when your heart understands that there is no turning back"  I understand that seems true TO HER because of what she has done and would rather end things than face them because its easier.  It is normal... .It is also projection and attention seeking behavior
Mr. Solo

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »

My wife has done that a bunch since our separation on her Facebook.  She blocked me like two months ago, and put a meme that said, "You move on when your heart understands that there is no turning back"  I understand that seems true TO HER because of what she has done and would rather end things than face them because its easier.  It is normal... .It is also projection and attention seeking behavior

Right. That's the way I see it. She was angry and was projecting. Some of the ones I saw didn't make sense if addressed to me. She had to be addressing them to me while projecting herself on to me. "Oh, so you don't like be treated how you treat me?" Seriously? All I ever did was jump through gazillions of hoops trying to get her to wake up while she abused me emotionally, mentally, and physically. Yeah. I treated her bad. Smiling (click to insert in post)
shatra

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 01:33:05 PM »

Hi

The fact that she unblocked you seems she wants contact.

All the insulting things she posts could be projection. It could be "spllitting"---she devalues you and sees you as all bad, then later on all good.

Sounds like she is testing you. When you "didn't take it personally", how were you able to not take it personally?

Shatra
Mr. Solo

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 05:16:55 PM »

Hi

The fact that she unblocked you seems she wants contact.

All the insulting things she posts could be projection. It could be "spllitting"---she devalues you and sees you as all bad, then later on all good.

Sounds like she is testing you. When you "didn't take it personally", how were you able to not take it personally?

Shatra

We are in constant contact. We see each other a few times daily. We actually get a long like nothing ever happened (without any affection) as long as nobody brings up something that happened in the past.

Right about projection/splitting. That's why I didn't take it personally. I know now that's just something she did/does. I don't like it, obviously, but it feels good knowing when she does that she really is distorting things. I used to wonder if she was correct about everything. Now I know she wasn't. So, it doesn't bother me as much.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest