Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 04:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Splitting  (Read 360 times)
Aussie JJ

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: apart 18 months, 12 months push pull 6 months seperated properly, 4 months k own about BPD

« on: November 22, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »

Hi All,

I have my views on BPD and splitting from the reading I have done.  I was wondering if anyone had a view of what it is from a pwBPD's perspective that drives it.  I am trying to get my head around the whole all good / all bad phenominan.  It is one aspect that is driving me crazy trying to understand why I must be all bad.

Is it so that her actions are justifiable in dropping me?

Is it so that she doesnt have to admit I am a good person and a mistake was made in leaving me?

Is it to justify her actions so she doesnt feel shame?

I am just struggling lately with this one issue with some things that have been said about me.  I am at a loss and any input with how you found it occuring (nuteral here please not a flame) would be appreciated. 

I do still care for her in many respects and know its only going to cause pain to try and 'save' her and all of that other stuff that was initially going through my head.  In many respects I still recognise that I love her and I do have a fair bit of guilt to work through on my end with things I could have done differently.  My issues there that I recognise, I am just struggling to understand why I must be all bad. 

Thankyou for your perspectives. 

AJJ. 
Wood stock

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »

I too have experienced the splitting phenomenon.   I was just recently thinking to myself exactly what you said--painting the non-partner as ugly and horrible makes it easier for the BPD to justify to him/herself how horrible they have treated us. And it helps them to convince their parents and family members that they were "right" in leaving/mistreating us. It is, like the other traits of BPD, part of the manipulation--part of the "game."

It is up to us to not play into the game anymore. To know who we are and know all the good we have done and all that we have tolerated... .the BPD partner may convince others and him/herself that we are the "bad" ones--but we cannot allow them to convince us that we are the "bad" ones. 

Another thought: what makes us "bad" is usually the fact that we demand honesty and fairness and reasonable responses to everyday issues... .well, if that's our "fault"... .I don't know about you, but I'm okay with it.   

Boundaries and expectations... .the BPD has none for him/herself--therefore, he/she certainly can't respect the boundaries and expectations of others.
Blimblam

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »

I think it's just a way for them to project their shame and dissasociate from it. The important thing for me to accept is that I am not the source of her pain and shame. I struggle with regrets when things began to sour sometimes wishing I could go back and just tell her to shut up and give her a big hug.
SlyQQ

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:49:19 PM »

It is not really all good or all bad there is devalueing as well normal scenario is something will start them pulling back it may be a psuedo victory or any manner of such they will then start looking around you are not the ( demi godlike ) figure you once were but there will normally have to be a suitable replacement to be found durring this phase she might play with you a bit ( mainly for the thrill of it ) but will hide things pretty well when they are confident they can then leave you but you are not black you are nothing which is probably worse UNLESS durring this phase you cross them or threaten them in this scenario you are immediately painted black and the mild sledging your partner may have participated ( sledging = dissing ) in paving the way for her departure will snap into immediate and terrible attacks that for the uniniatiated are different to comprehend it is an interesting trio hate is not the oppisite to love they say indifference is  and so after the snap into hate you can even go back to "love " for want of a better name then indifference etc etc 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest