Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:03:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's A BPD Thanksgiving Charlie Brown - Just venting  (Read 401 times)
Panda39

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »

My SO uBPDxw has successfully ruined Thanksgiving for her family out of state, my SO and me (to a lesser extent), and worst of all her daughters. 

Every year the ex "plans" on seeing her family out of state... .she never has the money... .it never happens... .every year gets the hopes up of her children and lets them down... .every year the same drama.

This year the "plan" became the "plans" then became the "failure".

Plan#1 D18 away at college would fly to Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving with Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.   

UBPDmom and sister 14 would meet her there on Tuesday. D18 would then leave the day after   

Thanksgiving to visit dad and friends before returning to college (D18 has an actual round trip plane

ticket) UBPDmom and D14 to return Sunday following Thanksgiving (not sure if there is a ticket back)

Plan#2 D18 away at college flies to Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving with Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.  Is at

Grandpa's when uBPDmom and sister 14 are a "no show".  Why? uBPDmom's lap dog (with the

apparent strength of a sled dog team) pulled her down a hill near where she lives in a hotel with no

hills and hurts her knee so instead of the airport uBPDmom and D14 are at the emergency room.

UDBPmom and D14 will leave Wednesday instead (not sure if there is an actual plane ticket). Family

member has to change plans to pick them up. D18 to leave the day after Thanksgiving to visit dad and

friends before returning to college. (D18 has an actual round trip plane ticket).  UBPDmom and D14 to

return Sunday following Thanksgiving (not sure if there is a ticket back).

Plan#3 D18 away at college flies to Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving with Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.  Is at 

Grandpa's when uBPDmom and sister 14 are a "no show" for a second time. Why? Friend that was to

drive them to the airport was late so they missed their flight.  Grandpa tells uBPDdaughter to just not             

come (he's had enough).  D14 calls her dad in tears.  UPBDmom who doesn't listen to anyone else and

D14 will leave 6:30am Thanksgiving morning (not sure if there are actual tickets) . D18 stuck at

Grandpa's is embarrassed and uncomfortable.   D18 to leave the day after Thanksgiving to visit dad

and friends before returning to college. (D18 has an actual round trip plane ticket).  UBPDmom and 

D14 to return Sunday following Thanksgiving (not sure if there is a ticket back).

Plan#4 Thanksgiving Day

D18 away at college flies to Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving with Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins.  Is at 

Grandpa's when uBPDmom and sister 14 are a "no show" for a third time. Why? UBPDmom and D14 at

the Emergency Room again for the supposed injured knee? Nope, this time it's a possible heart

condition  . D14 exhausted and furious up since 4am with mom and flight out of town (if there ever was

one) missed. D14 on phone with dad.  D18 at Grandpa's mortified and furious also on the phone with

dad in tears. UBPDmom released from hospital.  She and D14 have "Thanksgiving" dinner from the

grocery store deli in the hotel where she lives (history-evicted 3 times) D18 to leave the day after

Thanksgiving to visit dad and friends before returning to college. (D18 has an actual round trip plane

ticket).

It's a BPD Thanksgiving Charlie Brown... .I hate this freaking stuff!

All dad and I could do is listen, validate and support both girls from a far.  This was all about their mother's anxiety at seeing her own family so everyone had to suffer!  barfy barfy barfy When she can't handle something she runs to the hospital every time.

D18 thankfully to arrive today and stay with dad.  D14 heading home to dad's house too.  Hopefully they will have a nice relaxing time together for the next couple of days.

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
funfunctional

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »

Hi Panda,

That is difficult.   I have a blended family and although my husband's x wife is not BPD she is certainly a trip.  All you CAN do is listen.    It really is all about them isn't it?   Drama and more drama.   

Make us wish the holidays away and that is too bad.  Holidays stir up a lot of emotions.   

Sorry you had a tough time but good for you for seeing it for what it is.

Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »

Hi Funfunctional

Both girls told their mother that they are not doing that again.  A united front which I think is a very good strategy for them.

The good news is that Christmas is with dad and should be peaceful although uBPDxw keeps saying she will be having knee replacement surgery (might be real/might not be who knows) and I'm sure that will be during the most inconvenient time for everyone! 

Ahhhhhhhhh the life with a BPD person in it... .never a dull moment  Smiling (click to insert in post)

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest