Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:52:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neediness about to go through the roof... Testing times ahead  (Read 476 times)
waverider
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« on: December 03, 2014, 04:28:42 AM »

Anyone who knows my story will know we have gotten over the worst of things over last couple of years. Most conflict and aggression towards me or the kids is all but gone, awareness of tge disorder, and getting professional hep is on track. Each summer in particular has been wasted battling either addictions, alcoholism or medical issues, some not related to lifestyle (cancer) some related to BPD and med abuse eg ruptured stomach ulcer, mouth reconstruction due to self harming to get pain killers, and other assorted issues.

Roll around this summer (yes its sunny here in Aus Smiling (click to insert in post) Being cool (click to insert in post)) thing are looking good the old nuggets of neediness and lack of proactive effort are on the "to do list", but otherwise things are on the big improve, everything looking rosy. Bought a new camper and I proposed (we are currently defacto, mainly on hold due to BPD issues)... yes you heard right I proposed to a pwBPD who had put me through hell...

All set to climb mountains and conquer the world this summer, then stumbling through the bedroom the other night over the knee deep pile of rubbish over the floor. Bang, crash, wallop. Suddenly the stakes just went up, broke bones in her foot. This was obvious it was going to happen sooner or later. In plaster from knee down cant put any weight on her foot for minimum 3 months.

This summer is going to be volumes of neediness, frustration, depression. Her lack of physical fitness means crutches are hard work. This is going to be a real test. Tool box is going to get a big workout, I am determined not to have a miserable summer by association.

Wish me luck

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:30:20 AM »

Wish me luck

Good luck and skill, which you have loads of! Being cool (click to insert in post)

Congratulations!  When's the party? Smiling (click to insert in post)
Rockylove

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:44:41 AM »

This summer is going to be volumes of neediness, frustration, depression. Her lack of physical fitness means crutches are hard work. This is going to be a real test. Tool box is going to get a big workout, I am determined not to have a miserable summer by association.

I wish you more than luck, waverider!  I'm dealing with a situation right now that almost had me throw in the towel.  My husband had a stroke and, yes... .the neediness increased, but I've actually made a lot of progress.  I laid down some ground rules and he's got no choice.  He really DOES need my help right now so I've got an advantage. 

Hope you're able to take care of yourself during this time.  I know how important it's been for me!
Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:48 AM »

I wish you peace, waverider.

I know your partner won't be looking to offer you much of it.

Thanks for sharing what you are going through.
bruceli

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 01:29:02 PM »

A stressor such as this can surely set one back.  All the best to you.
maxsterling

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: living together, engaged

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »

Wow.  I wish you the best here.  I know it is much harder for me to detach and keep boundaries when I know she has an actual physical ailment to deal with.  Ex - it may be kinda hard to detach from the neediness because some of it will be warranted.  You can't just tell her to go to the store by herself if she is being grouchy.

123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

Bought a new camper and I proposed (we are currently defacto, mainly on hold due to BPD issues)... yes you heard right I proposed to a pwBPD who had put me through hell...

Waverider, I want to make sure I have this straight so I don't look and sound like a crazy person for having congratulated you... .

Did you ask your partner to marry you?  She must be one lovely lady

All the best!

formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »

Hang tough! 

We'll be here for you.

I find it very comforting to know when the drama pops up in my r/s... .that I have a place to come and vent... .tell the story... .ask a question... .and get some good... .constructive advice.

Strong move on popping the question!... .demonstrates hope for the future... .I'm a fan of making strong moves!

ColdEthyl

Relationship status: Married 2 years

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »

Keep your head up, waverider! We all here for you and you just come vent when you need to and take it all one step at a time (no pun intended, but now that I see it... .pun TOTALLY intended!) :D
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 04:48:39 PM »

Best of luck and I'm so sorry your summer plans have derailed. I hope your SO appreciates all the help you will be providing her.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
waverider
Retired Staff

Relationship status: married 8 yrs, together 16yrs

If YOU don't change, things will stay the same

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »

Thanks guys I will update this thread when necessary... Hopefully it wont be (at least not too often).

At least it will prove a good measure of how a physical impairment can impact things. Though i learnt a lot through all the chemo and radiotherapy for the cancer

Reality is shared and open to debate, feelings are individual and real
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest