Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 05:20:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Horoscope: Sometimes it's so true For Us All. Take a Look  (Read 409 times)
In Pain

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: December 03, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »

This past weeks horoscope.

"You don't stop loving someone just because you reach the point at which love hurts. Beyond that is a deeper understanding of loves true nature "

This is so true. Even if loving a person with BPD hurts like I've never experienced before.

My love for her and my compassion for her pain and challenges are genuine.

I hate this Borderline Disorder... .Hate it !

I hate what it has done to her, her children, even her ex lovers... .I hate what it has done to me. Hate it.

This borderline disorder along with fear of abandonment is so screwy. I read, I read, I read... .

I understand it all. I get it.

And then I say to myself: " This makes no sense" !
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

maxsterling

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: living together, engaged

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »

I like this.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

So true.  I, too, hate this disorder.  But through it all and learning about BPD, I have learned more about what it means to be human, what it means to love, and who I am.  Not sure if the pain and frustration is worth it, but it is what it is and the past is the past.  Yet should this r/s end, I will probably go through a painful recovery, yet emerge a stronger and wiser and happier person than when I went in.

allibaba

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »

Yet should this r/s end, I will probably go through a painful recovery, yet emerge a stronger and wiser and happier person than when I went in.

True especially when we really work (not just accept the situation) but really work to clean up the things that we can control.  Not the BPD behavior but our own behavior and willingness to accept abuse.
MissyM

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »

I have learned so much from my relationship with my dBPDh, both about other people and about myself.  I notice that in working I am much better at validating and listening to clients, and that as a Mom I am much more compassionate with my children and other people's children.  Would be nice if these lessons had been taught to me a little more gently but I might not have listened then. Smiling (click to insert in post)
In Pain

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »

One thing I have come to realize about myself is this:

Yes, I developed a codependency issue with her…. and I’m sure I’ve got a screw or bolt loose somewhere else…….but:

What gives me my most sanity and makes me know that I am healthy is this:

I have the ability to have compassion for another human being.

I have the ability to care for another human being.

Another persons feeling are important to me.

I feel bad when I hurt someone else.

This confirms to me that I am a normal healthy person.
Hawk Ridge

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 01:58:23 PM »

Oh my gosh! Every single post in this thread speaks to me.  I love her. I miss her.  I hate this disease.  I  have painfully learned that I can love, I can be compassionate, and slowly I can come back to life again.  Thank you.  Mostly, i am closer to my faith than I ever have been. Love the part about controlling what I can. The serenity prayer fits

In Pain

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »

Although I always knew I was basically healthy and normal, the past 5 months since she broke up with me have been so painful... .So painful !

As many members have said... .Give it time... .Give it time.

I'm finally feeling better, have started to date again and have turned the corner.

Not saying I won't recycle if given the opportunity, LOL, but for now, I'm good.

I've even got my sense of humor back.

Glad you enjoyed this post.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest