Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 05:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Children- The Ultimate Means to Control  (Read 363 times)
clydegriffith

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 07, 2015, 07:29:07 PM »

So i've shared a lot of painful memories today in various threads. It's absolutely insane i put up with all i did for two years. She had the ultimate weapon which conversely gave me every reason to want to stay, an infant child.

I'm wondering if it's at all common for BPDs to keep having children as a means to control people. The BPDx is up to 5 kids under 7 by 3 different guys. She uses them to try and control me (at least when it comes to the one that's mine) and to control her family, who despite the BPDx's craziness, they love all her kids unconditionally.

My daughter is almost 4 years old now and we are 3 years removed from the ugly mess of things with her mom. She knows who i am and that i'm her father. I see her via facetime a couple of times a week, physically maybe every two months or so for a few days (distance). The relationship with the BPDx has really affected me as a father. I've been pushed so far that i feel totally indifferent towards my child right now. If we can somehow be civil and i can stay a part of her life, that's wonderful. On the other hand, if things don't work and i'm forced to take extreme measures like leaving the country or something like that to finally be at peace than so be it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
DreamGirl
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »

I've been pushed so far that i feel totally indifferent towards my child right now. If we can somehow be civil and i can stay a part of her life, that's wonderful. On the other hand, if things don't work and i'm forced to take extreme measures like leaving the country or something like that to finally be at peace than so be it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Then so be it.

You obviously have reservations though. Why do you think that is?

Religious teachings suggest that "indifference" is a coping mechanism that keeps us from caring --- based mostly on fear. 

"What I want is what I've not got, and what I need is all around me." ~Dave Matthews

scraps66

Relationship status: Separated 9/2008, living apart since 1/2010

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 12:00:26 PM »

Means of control, in part.  My ex is "breeding advocates."  Life long advocates that she can try to mold into what she wants them to be.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »

If we can somehow be civil and i can stay a part of her life, that's wonderful.

Hi clydegriffith,

I'm sorry to hear that. I read a little of your back story. My ex is having a 5th child and 3 different fathers. She was acting strange with wanting me to go on outings with her and I know the r/s with her bf was not going well. She fears abandonment and I believe that's why she got pregnant. Her family is indifferent to her behaviors from my perspective and instead of taking care of the family issues, they bury their heads in the sand.

Irregardless, I understand how distraught you may feel when you don't have reasonable access with your child. My ex was incredibly difficult after she left with reasonable access. She would fight with me and change days and times the week leading up to the weekend she would let me have the kids.

She had just left and I was scared the next 15 years I would have to put up with the craziness of simply trying to see my kids.

Kids have a right to both parents. It is their unconditional love for either. How your ex feels about you and these control tactics should not get in the way of your child's love for you. I was frantic when I arrived at bpdfamily 2 years ago and the advice given was to get a court order with non ambiguous boundaries.

I was trying to be civil with my ex and work with her. The same civility shown in the marriage that didn't work in the marriage due to her emotional immaturity, lack of empathy and narcissistic needs. It was doubly so after post break-up. There's a system designed to help facilitate your needs if your ex is uncooperative - courts.

My advice, don't try to be civil with her if you want reasonable access with your child. Get a L and get a parenting order.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest