Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 04:41:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Time  (Read 363 times)
Poore82
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 20, 2015, 04:02:18 PM »

Hi,

I am a 32 year old female with a 15 month old daughter. My husband I believe is BPD. Since my daughter has been born our fights have been pretty nasty. He stated recently that he was diagnosed with BPD but does not believe he has it. It was been very difficult for me to feel attacked emotionally and yet still wanting to keep the family that I love together. I want to learn how to set boundaries and to learn how to interact with my husband when he is angry while still being a positive light and role model for my daughter. I need help.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pou

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Non existent. Co-habitat. She is extremely abusive and manipulative.

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »

Great news for you is that he actually admitted that he has PD.  I would follow that up and suggest you two go counseling together.  From there, you can have the counselor help you setting boundaries and with him present, he would be more on board.  I think most people on this board have the challenge that our partners do not recognize they have PDs... .so they don't even want to do something to change for the better.  Good luck.
EaglesJuju
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:09:35 AM »

Hi Poore82, 

Welcome aboard. You have come to a great place for help. There are many resources here to help you set boundaries and interact with your husband. Here are some articles to help you get started.  BOUNDARIES: Upholding our values and independence

TOOLS: S.E.T. - Support, Empathy and Truth

I am sorry that things have been difficult for you.    Taking care of yourself and understanding your role in the relationship really helps with difficult situations. Have you had the chance to focus on yourself?

Perhaps you could share more of your story so we can help you better?

"In order to take control of our lives and accomplish something of lasting value, sooner or later we need to Believe. We simply need to believe in the power that is within us, and use it." -Benjamin Hoff
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest